Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I should be grateful

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
For his presence with me at all.

That's what my DH said. We were out at Home Depot getting some things we needed. I said something about helping me with DD and he turned around and snapped at me, loudly, in front of at least a dozen people that I should be GRATEFUL that he is even out with me at all.

He hurt my feelings. One. He should WANT to spend time with us. Even running around doing errands. Two. I asked what he wanted to do and he said he didn't know. I suggested running the errands we had, then going to the mall and he agreed.

He embarrassed me! Most of the people standing there were men, several snickered at me!

He knocked my self confidence way down, I couldn't even look anyone in the eyes for hours. I was on the verge of tears. And he did all of this right in front of our kids.

Then, hours later he asked what was wrong and I asked if he was serious! He "apologized" for saying it that way. Which means that he really thinks that, but decided he shouldn't say it in the way it sounded! Then thought he could "make up" by pinching my ass, grabbing my tits, and trying to kiss all over me like nothing had happened.

It's been nearly 9 hours and I'm still pretty upset and he thinks I'm being melodramatic.

What do you think? Am I over reacting?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:30 AM
Bump
mstkn.identity
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:31 AM
Yikes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:32 AM
What he said was totally uncalled for.
EAzizM
by Erica on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Shame on him. You have every right to be mad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AF2011
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd be mad too! No, I don't think you're overreacting at all

mmtosam06
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:36 AM

I would have cried right there in front of him and the others who were snickering cause that was uncalled for and rude

areyouatroll
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:38 AM
He should be grateful you stay with his douchbag ass
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexTornado
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:39 AM

My Dh has done that.  He's a wonderful guy and has many great qualities, but once in a while he will snap and it's always, always when we are out shopping or doing something girly or house-y and that he has no interest in. 

So I learned my lesson and I never ask him along on shopping trips, even if it's Home Depot.  He is not the hand-holding, go shopping with, cutesy little husband that everyone else seems to have.  He will never go antique shopping with me, he will never go cothes shopping with me, and he will rarely, if ever, go to a chick flick with me!  He's just not that type of guy.  And the sooner I figured that out, the better things were!  It's not like he doesn't value our time together!  He just does not want to be a part of some of the things I do.  He will always be a great dad, one of the best, and a great provider, and a decent, moral, human being.  He just won't be my best girlfriend!  

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad.  But in these cases, it's best not to expect that he will be happy or act right.  Just do your shopping alone and leave him out of it.  Just don't ask.  If he agrees, remember that it will turn out badly and have him wait at home for you and have fun together in another way.

That's advice from someone married 15+ years!  :)

rgba
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:44 AM
It was a jerky thing to say. However, holding a grudge and feeling sorry for yourself for hours isn't going to solve anything. Try next time to simply address it when it happens, e.g.
"That wasn't a very nice thing to say." Then leave it at that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd have torn his tongue from his mouth right there on the spot, myself. You are remarkably self-possessed. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN