Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Well, were they planned that way? Surprises? No bashing the ladies, gals let's try to keep it friendly. That can be a pain in the arse sometimes but I have legitimate questions and NEED legitmate answers XOXO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:41 AM
Replies (31-40):
NiamhWitch
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:08 AM
I'd much rather have regular twins than Irish twins. When they are regular twins they are typically at the same level of development, probably in the same sized diapers, etc. Personally I'd find it way more stressful to have Irish twins.

But then, I'm scared of getting pregnant again within a year after having a baby. :-S

Quoting Lolaunscripted:

Would you still feel that way if they were legitmate twins?

Quoting Anonymous:

Good god, no. I'd sooner put a gun to my head.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mega.mom.of.4
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:08 AM
Kinda... DS and DD are 8 months apart but DS is adopted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TattooedMomto4
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:10 AM

I don't but my sister and I are almost close enough to be Irish Twins. We miss it by a tiny margin of just a few days since officially it is children spaced a year or less apart or born in the same calendar year (which would have been almost impossible since I was born in mid March) . I was 12 mos. and 9 days old when my sister was born. My mom did NOT intend to have children so close together.

My children are also spaced close together but not that close. My 1st two sons are 16 1/2 mos. apart, there's a 2 1/2 year space between my middle 2 and then my younger 2 are 5 days shy of 16 mos. apart. We did nothing to prevent pregnancy so they were all spaced so close on purpose.

JessMomOf9
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:10 AM
Yes! Twice!! And actual twins.

DD1 and DD2 are 9 months apart - it wasn't planned.

DD3 and the actual twins DD4 & DS4 are 9 months apart - we planned to get pregnant again but didn't expect it so quickly.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lolaunscripted
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:12 AM
I see. I don't have irish twins either but my 2 that are 13 months apart wear the same size diapers now... I could see why it would be harder. I think it's easier for me but know that it isn't for everyone.

Quoting NiamhWitch:

I'd much rather have regular twins than Irish twins. When they are regular twins they are typically at the same level of development, probably in the same sized diapers, etc. Personally I'd find it way more stressful to have Irish twins.

But then, I'm scared of getting pregnant again within a year after having a baby. :-S

Quoting Lolaunscripted:

Would you still feel that way if they were legitmate twins?

Quoting Anonymous:

Good god, no. I'd sooner put a gun to my head.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
headingsouth13
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:12 AM

she wanted them close together but not that close. the middle 3 are micro preemies (born around 25wks) this pregnancy was a fluke and birth control maga fail

Quoting thefiregoddess:

So Im not trying to be mean but does she plan these kids? Does she believe in birth control?

I'm really curious because that close after having my kiddo I didnt want to see a penis.. my vagina hurt too much.

Quoting headingsouth13:

my sisters kids were born 10/09,9/10/,8/11, and 7/12 and she is due 6/13 with a set of triplets

TattooedMomto4
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Irish Twins are siblings who are either A) born in the same calendar year or B) are 12 mos. or less apart in age. My sister and I miss being official Irish Twins by 9 days. I was born 3/17/67 and she was born 3/26/68.

Quoting Lolaunscripted:

What is your definition of Irish Twins? What is the time frame considered? Curious.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:15 AM
No but I have Irish triplets lol
My oldest three are less than 11 months apart. 4/01-3/02-2/03
One day shy on each to make them exactly 11 months apart.
It wasn't planned. I was just young & stupid. 1st was by a condom busting & 2nd pull out method + iud.
But I've learned since then that when I'm on birth control I easily get pregnant. (all my children 6) were conceived while on BC. And when I'm not on BC I never get pregnant. With our last child we tried to conceive for 5 years. No BC.
Went back on BC & gave up on ttc. Was pregnant two months later. So far two iuds, the patch, the pill & depo shot has all resulted in children. lol
I don't regret any of them. And IMO it wasn't any harder having them close together.
It was harder having #4. 5 years later. Readjusting and all.
Maria_Peanut
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:15 AM
Oh my jeebus.

She's nuts.

Jk, good luck to her :)

Quoting headingsouth13:

my sisters kids were born 10/09,9/10/,8/11, and 7/12 and she is due 6/13 with a set of triplets

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
travelbunny
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 2:16 AM

No but my two oldest step brothers are Irish Twins.  Thomas was born in January and Jesus was born in October of the same year.  I'm not sure if they were planned or not.  They're from my step mom's first marriage.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN