Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone here had skin cancer? **Edit**

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:44 AM
  • 9 Replies

I got a new mole on my head about a month ago. I went into my dermatologist to have it looked at. She thinks it is skin cancer but took a biopsy to have tested before removing too much. She doesn't want to give me a scar if it isn't cancer. Thanks to the holiday it will take longer than normal for the results to come back. The mole is skin color but it bleeds scabs over and itches. I guess those are signs of cancer. Now I am worried because I realized I also have another mole that is more itchy and I have had it longer. DH is freaked out because his dad died from skin cancer. Has anyone had anything similar to this? What happened?

Still no results back! The doctor told me today that the lab is retesting to make sure the results are correct but that this doesn't mean it's bad.  I don't really like the sound of that.  It has been almost 3 weeks!

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Homeschoolmom99
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:47 AM

My BF had it they caught it early try to say prayers its not but it sounds like if it is they caught it early. She had a heart shaped scar for the first 8 weeks now its quite small

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:47 AM
I've been avoiding getting a bunch of spots looked at on myself. So this scares me. It's been years with some of the spots I have. :/
mom2hadley
by Heather on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:51 AM
Good luck! Hugs!
mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:52 AM
No I've had moles tested though when I was you younger. Skin cancer runs in my family
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheyanneW
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:53 AM
If it's been years you are probably fine. Skin cancer is deadly and fast. The time from my FIL getting the bump on his head to him passing away was only a year and a half. Of course I would still have them checked out just in case.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've been avoiding getting a bunch of spots looked at on myself. So this scares me. It's been years with some of the spots I have. :/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:55 AM
I still worry due to the fact I'm constantly sick. But I have other health issues too.

Quoting CheyanneW:

If it's been years you are probably fine. Skin cancer is deadly and fast. The time from my FIL getting the bump on his head to him passing away was only a year and a half. Of course I would still have them checked out just in case.

Quoting Anonymous:

FIREFOX1336
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:57 AM
My dad has it, he is not missing a huge part of an ear, a chunk out of his shoulder, chunks out of his face and head. And he has been using a chemo cream on his arms and back. It is very painful for him
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CheyanneW
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:49 AM

I hope that you can get them looked at soon.  Worrying is horrible. I hate having to wait.

Quoting Anonymous:

I still worry due to the fact I'm constantly sick. But I have other health issues too.

Quoting CheyanneW:

Quoting Anonymous:

CheyanneW
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 3:38 PM

bump for update

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured