Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The Husbands Of Sahms:)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have been a proud homemaker for many years.I have seen so much trash talk about sahms on this confession board(from being lazy or uneducated).

My husband is very happy that I am a sahm and have been all these years.He and my kids appreciate all that I do and I have gone to college and had a career.I just prefer to be at home...where I feel happiest:)

If my husband has no problem with me being at home.Why do so many people have a personal issue with it when it is none of their concern?

If you are a sahm how does your husband feel about you being at home?Working moms have you ever discussed being a sahm with your husband?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:41 AM
Replies (11-20):
jen2150
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:10 AM
1 mom liked this

It was a decision that we made together before we were married.  He fully supports me in everything.  

Vipergirl22
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:15 AM

He knew from the start I wanted to be at home so he has no problem with it. Before we had our daughter he asked for my help so I got a job and helped out. Now that we have our daughter I am home and I love it.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:26 AM

My husband prefers I am at home, I prefer to work but I became disabled and he got his wish, lol!

CABZS
by Emerald Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:34 AM
My DH has no issue with me being home, he likes it that way actually.

He also helps around the house and likes to make dinner sometimes.

This is what's best for our family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:34 AM
My dh says he is grateful I am willing to stay home. He acts like he feels sorry for me but dd cannot go most places (medical) and I do not regret giving up my career for her. Nothing could ever replace these precious years.
indymom72
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:40 AM

It's a touchy subject in my house.  I'm happy at home, but he doesn't fully appreciate what I do, so it's hard. Even though it's best for our children because he's gone so much..he hates it that he can't just burn money whenever he wants.  He is selfish and spoiled..but says he wants to work on it.  We shall see....

MommyOfTheBest2
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:40 AM
I work full time but I've been a stay at home mom. I personally can't stand the monotony of cleaning the same thing over and over, can't stand having to ask for money, or arrange a sitter if I want me time.
My husband stays home with our youngest and my older goes to school. He husband does the housewife stuff, cleaning, cooking, majority of child care.
This works out best for our family and I'm happy to give hubby this chance to bond with our daughter, since he did the same for me with our son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:41 AM

Quoting Liz.Sisk:

I was a sahm for 10 months. He kept complaining saying I did nothing and that I needed to help pay the bills. I have a job now. He now complains that I need to take care of the baby more even though she sleeps while I'm at work. Apparently all I do is lay around and let her run all over the floor helpless and crying until he gets home. Mind you he rarely changes diapers and has never once given her a bath since she was born. Also refused to feed her for the first 9months. He doesn't know what he wants. I love being a sahm but I also love working. So I do both, and I am happy that I do.

Sounds like he likes the sound of his own voice...lol...

Maybe get a part time job on the weekends.Let your dh watch the kids....then he will singing praises of joy for you and beg you to home.

gotnothinonme
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:43 AM

I've done all of it, worked out of the home, been a sahm mom and now I work from home-  my hubby has always said he's happy if I'm happy- the only time he really had an opinion was when the kids were babies/infants, he really preferred I just focus on them for the first year, but that was fine by me becaue that's all I wanted to do that first year anyway, lol...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:43 AM

Quoting MommyOfTheBest2:

I work full time but I've been a stay at home mom. I personally can't stand the monotony of cleaning the same thing over and over, can't stand having to ask for money, or arrange a sitter if I want me time.
My husband stays home with our youngest and my older goes to school. He husband does the housewife stuff, cleaning, cooking, majority of child care.
This works out best for our family and I'm happy to give hubby this chance to bond with our daughter, since he did the same for me with our son.

This sounds wonderful....you found a plan that works best for your family:)!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)