Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The Husbands Of Sahms:)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have been a proud homemaker for many years.I have seen so much trash talk about sahms on this confession board(from being lazy or uneducated).

My husband is very happy that I am a sahm and have been all these years.He and my kids appreciate all that I do and I have gone to college and had a career.I just prefer to be at home...where I feel happiest:)

If my husband has no problem with me being at home.Why do so many people have a personal issue with it when it is none of their concern?

If you are a sahm how does your husband feel about you being at home?Working moms have you ever discussed being a sahm with your husband?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:41 AM
Replies (201-203):
Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:28 PM

We discussed it and agreed...I would still have a career.  I love it and feel I can have both.  I also don't feel it should be just my husband supporting our family.  My mom was a sahm and my dad worked 80 hours/week or more.  I swore I would never have my husband do that just so I could stay home.  I do work out of choice though.  It is peace of mind knowing I can support this family if needed on my own.  My family is very proud of my contributions I have made to this family.  I still am homeroom mom, breastfeed, volunteer at my son's school, etc.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Liz.Sisk
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:20 PM
Thank you

Quoting kattu:

I understand feeling like your daughter would be better off with her parents together. Message me if you need to talk about it.

Quoting Liz.Sisk:

Well. I think about leaving sometimes. But I know my daughter needs both parents. He plays with her, that's about it. But I don't want her to lose a parent. I think I won't mind as much if I work two jobs. Because then I'll be so busy he won't be able to complain. Or. I'll be too busy to pay attention.

Quoting kattu:

Why are you with that douche bag?

Quoting Liz.Sisk:

I was a sahm for 10 months. He kept complaining saying I did nothing and that I needed to help pay the bills. I have a job now. He now complains that I need to take care of the baby more even though she sleeps while I'm at work. Apparently all I do is lay around and let her run all over the floor helpless and crying until he gets home. Mind you he rarely changes diapers and has never once given her a bath since she was born. Also refused to feed her for the first 9months. He doesn't know what he wants. I love being a sahm but I also love working. So I do both, and I am happy that I do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kaylawv2
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:22 PM
I've been a sahm for. 2.5 yrs. We are both happy with the decision. It's the way we feel is best to raise our children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN