Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The Husbands Of Sahms:)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have been a proud homemaker for many years.I have seen so much trash talk about sahms on this confession board(from being lazy or uneducated).

My husband is very happy that I am a sahm and have been all these years.He and my kids appreciate all that I do and I have gone to college and had a career.I just prefer to be at home...where I feel happiest:)

If my husband has no problem with me being at home.Why do so many people have a personal issue with it when it is none of their concern?

If you are a sahm how does your husband feel about you being at home?Working moms have you ever discussed being a sahm with your husband?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:41 AM
Replies (21-30):
Liz.Sisk
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:44 AM
Lol I have a part time job that's mostly weekends. I love it. He doesn't love that kid come home tired sometimes. And he always finds something to complain about. Yes, he likes his pre pubescent voice methinks

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Liz.Sisk:

I was a sahm for 10 months. He kept complaining saying I did nothing and that I needed to help pay the bills. I have a job now. He now complains that I need to take care of the baby more even though she sleeps while I'm at work. Apparently all I do is lay around and let her run all over the floor helpless and crying until he gets home. Mind you he rarely changes diapers and has never once given her a bath since she was born. Also refused to feed her for the first 9months. He doesn't know what he wants. I love being a sahm but I also love working. So I do both, and I am happy that I do.

Sounds like he likes the sound of his own voice...lol...

Maybe get a part time job on the weekends.Let your dh watch the kids....then he will singing praises of joy for you and beg you to home.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:45 AM
I was a sahm for 4 years and couldn't take it any more so I got a job. He was mad but I told him it wasn't his choice to decide if I worked or stayed home. Of course that wasn't very nice of me but I was so bored I was going nuts. My house was spotless and we did play dates a few times a week but it just wasn't for me. So now I work full time and I couldn't be happier
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gunnbugsmama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this

My SO and I have dicussed this many times. He works and I stay home. He just started his own masonry company, so its alittle rough right now but things are moving along just fine. it would be way more expensive for me to work, paying for child care. I love being a stay at home mom! I get to watch my ds met all his mildstones.

SavdNSanctified
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:48 AM
2 moms liked this
This was a decision we made together. He felt just as strongly as I did about how important it is for me to be at home raising our children. He is also against childcare just as much as I am.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
danie24
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:51 AM
2 moms liked this

When we first found out we were pregnant with our first, I fully planned on going back to work after my maternity leave (one year). Hubby supported me.

She was born 3 months early and shortly after I told hubby I wanted to stay at home with her until she started school. He supported me 100% and said he would love if I would do that.

When she was 18 months old we wanted to get pregnant again and did right away. And I decided to stay home longer.

Then not long ago we had baby fever again and now have a 5 month old baby. Hubby says I never have to go back to work if I don't want to, because he makes more than enough to support us all.

I may go back when my youngest starts school, I may not. I've also done work from home (photography) over the last few years. Small jobs and some big jobs (weddings) when I am in the mood. So I will probably take my photography more seriously once the kids aren't keeping me so busy.

MommyOfTheBest2
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:51 AM
Thanks :-) Its definitely hard sometimes, how much I am away from my daughter but I have a great support system.
And hubby cleans and cooks WAY better than I do lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MommyOfTheBest2:

I work full time but I've been a stay at home mom. I personally can't stand the monotony of cleaning the same thing over and over, can't stand having to ask for money, or arrange a sitter if I want me time.
My husband stays home with our youngest and my older goes to school. He husband does the housewife stuff, cleaning, cooking, majority of child care.
This works out best for our family and I'm happy to give hubby this chance to bond with our daughter, since he did the same for me with our son.

This sounds wonderful....you found a plan that works best for your family:)!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:53 AM

Quoting indymom72:

It's a touchy subject in my house.  I'm happy at home, but he doesn't fully appreciate what I do, so it's hard. Even though it's best for our children because he's gone so much..he hates it that he can't just burn money whenever he wants.  He is selfish and spoiled..but says he wants to work on it.  We shall see....

I went through this phase with my dh when my kids were smaller.He wasnt always so appreciative of me being at home...and money would be tight at times.Now he adores me and loves me at home.

What I would do in your case is start tallying up all you save with coupons and cutting back.Let him know you saved $30 bucks this week....etc.

Start looking around town for ideas to do for free and things you can do with friends and family.Mainly try doing something special with him at least twice a month.Encourage him to do something he has always wanted to do.Surprise him with a special meal and alone time.Keep a small savings in a jar,all change,it add up:).Also I love this http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/TiaraMom19

Plan financial goals together.Show him its not the money its about saving and making special memories.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this

My fiancee doesnt want me to work, he says it is my job to raise the kids and make sure they are well taken care of and his job to work and support us. We make ends meet and do ok. I would prefer to work, until I got with him thats what I did so thats what I am used to. My kids arent his so therefore I feel its my job to support them. But I am very thankful that he has given me the chance to spendmore time with my children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:55 AM
I am glad you can stay home, i have always been the one with good health ins and could never quit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting momoftwo0406:

I was a sahm for 4 years and couldn't take it any more so I got a job. He was mad but I told him it wasn't his choice to decide if I worked or stayed home. Of course that wasn't very nice of me but I was so bored I was going nuts. My house was spotless and we did play dates a few times a week but it just wasn't for me. So now I work full time and I couldn't be happier

Definitely being a sahm isnt for everyone.You and your family sound happy...that is what counts!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN