Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Do I get over my ex?!?!?!?! 3 years and a very challenging relationship and its all gone. I'm heartbroken. I've cried for two days in a row. I don't wanna do anything it hurts sooooo fuckin bad :( please someone give me advice to work through this
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:12 AM
Replies (11-17):
etsmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:26 AM

Try keeping yourself busy. Have some fun with some girl friends and remember that it will take some time. When the thoughts start creeping in, go for a walk, practice a new hobby, anything that will keep your mind and body occupied until the feelings pass. I hope you start feeling some relief.  :)

oceandancer
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:26 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I already did the drinking thing. And i threw up all over my favorite boots.. wont be doing that again. Lesson learned

Quoting oceandancer:

Just focus on the now live day to day and keep as busy as you can. Surround yourself with friends and family. It takes time andit is hard. I hope this helps. There isnt any magic solution. But please dont do anything drastic like having rebound sex or going ona drinking binge, you willjust regret it and it will make you feel worse. Hope this helped

It will get better, but time is really the only cure. Hang in there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Thank you!!!!

Quoting etsmom:

Try keeping yourself busy. Have some fun with some girl friends and remember that it will take some time. When the thoughts start creeping in, go for a walk, practice a new hobby, anything that will keep your mind and body occupied until the feelings pass. I hope you start feeling some relief.  :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:58 AM
I have it memorized so deleting wont do me any good :(

Quoting RnNHamilton:

Find someone that is better then him. Or just someone that can help ease that pain. It doesn't have to be serious. Let that person know too. You don't want him to get invested if you are able to also. Get rid of things that remind you of him and delete his number. Then you wont be tempted to text or call.

Pandi653
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Unfortunatley, nothing but time will help. Stay busy and take it one day at a time mama. Hugs, and good luck to you!xo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:04 AM
I did the drinking thing too. It numbed my pain for a few hours, then ended with me feeling lower than before. Im talking like a 2hr crying sobbing drunken pity fest

Quoting oceandancer:

Quoting Anonymous:

I already did the drinking thing. And i threw up all over my favorite boots.. wont be doing that again. Lesson learned

Quoting oceandancer:

Just focus on the now live day to day and keep as busy as you can. Surround yourself with friends and family. It takes time andit is hard. I hope this helps. There isnt any magic solution. But please dont do anything drastic like having rebound sex or going ona drinking binge, you willjust regret it and it will make you feel worse. Hope this helped

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Yeppp thats exactly how it was. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

I did the drinking thing too. It numbed my pain for a few hours, then ended with me feeling lower than before. Im talking like a 2hr crying sobbing drunken pity fest

Quoting oceandancer:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting oceandancer:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)