Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sahms with infants....or even just sahms...

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm just curious....does/did your dh get up with the baby at night even when he had to be at work? Ds is 5 months old and dh has gotten up once with him since he was born. The only reason he did that time was because I had been up for three days straight almost and starting weeping uncontrollably. Funny part is he was "tired" the next day and got all sorts of sympathy at work for getting up with the baby. Is this a common thing? Or did your dh pitch in?

Please excuse any typos....I'm extremely sleep deprived.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Replies (471-480):
LucyHourglass
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:00 AM

only i get up ever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:51 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Why are you so sleep deprived? Take your shirt off, tuck baby next to you in bed, and sleep blissfully all night. That is, assuming you're nursing. If not, too bad for you (and baby). :p

You're stupid (and kind of a B).  There are other kids.  Do you want the 5 year old to run amuck the entire time she's just asleep?  You're too stupid to read, too bad for yooooou. YUCK!

Maries_Mom23
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:54 AM

DH works nights...gets there at 7pm, gets home at 7 am.  He did take 6 weeks off when I had each of the girls and during that time, he did get up.  We actually took turns during the night.  When he returned to work, it was me up all night, of course, since he wasn't there.  But on his nights off, he'd get up with them.  The first time they'd cry, I'd roll over out of instinct and he'd tell me to go back to sleep and I could get her the next time.  

Diamondblue1
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:56 AM
Hubby will get up and deal with the baby. We just had our baby 11 days ago and it's been 9 years since our last so he's trying to get adjusted having a little newborn in the home lol. But he gets up changes her and feeds her as well and suggles with her:)
xxshelbyxxx
by Scarlet begonias on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:10 AM
The first couple months my SO would get up when the baby woke to make a bottle but I fed it to him then we both fell back asleep. But once I stopped supplementing and strictly nursed from two months forward, there was no reason for SO to get up especially since he works every weekday. Nap when the baby naps, why can't you if you're a sahm?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jen2150
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:13 AM

We had an arrangement.  When my son woke up crying my husband would  bring him to me.  I would feed him and then put him back in bed.  It is what worked for us.  

soda91
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:35 AM
My boyfriend took care of our now 2 yr old when our daughter was born. But I had a lot of help from his grandparents. They would pick up my 2 yr old when I didn't get enough sleep. Or they would take all 3 of us to their house, where I could sleep and they would watch both kids. My daughter is now 6 months, and sometimes she would sleep through the night. But 2 nights out of the week his grandparents take our son overnight, cause he's an early riser. And on weekends i'd wake up early and when my boyfriend wakes up i'd nap.
emelymac
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:37 AM
When I was a stay at home we took turns.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Nope, and I had twins!!! When they were 4 mos my sister took them overnight for 3 days because I was so exhausted I couldnt see straight. Even to this day he doesn't get up.

With our older daughter we co-slept it was the only way I coudk survive
CaiLynns_mommie
by Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:39 AM
My dd is 19 months old and we have bed shared since the second week after she was born. When she was little and even now he will get up and make a bottle of she needs one. The only time he ever complained was whm she has hand food and mouth disease and was up like every hour to hour and a half. I don't hardly sleep any more so I don't usually wake him up very often. But he is happy to help.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured