Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sahms with infants....or even just sahms...

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm just curious....does/did your dh get up with the baby at night even when he had to be at work? Ds is 5 months old and dh has gotten up once with him since he was born. The only reason he did that time was because I had been up for three days straight almost and starting weeping uncontrollably. Funny part is he was "tired" the next day and got all sorts of sympathy at work for getting up with the baby. Is this a common thing? Or did your dh pitch in?

Please excuse any typos....I'm extremely sleep deprived.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Replies (481-490):
do11face
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:40 AM

He did, yes.

We would take turns getting up with them at night. I would one night , he would the next.
My daughter had baby insomnia. Some how we survived it together.

niki_hubbard
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:43 AM

With dd1, she was pretty much my responsibility... He didnt help much at all. And she never napped! Longest nap in her first six months was 45 minutes, in her swing. So I spent that time very, very tired. Thankfully, he has been much more helpful this pregnancy, so I am hoping it carries over for dd2. 

Squid12
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:47 AM
DH gets up in the middle of the night and he has diaper duty when he's home. I ebf, so he can help when he's home. Plus it allows for him to bind with our kids.
Newmom8912
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:48 AM
He will if I wake him. On the days I have to get up early he does bedtime
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumkat
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I am a nursing mom who has a really hard time waking to the sound of any cry. My husband is up right away at the sound of a fuss, so he goes to get our 11 mo old who wakes twice during the night, brings her to bed and I nurse and put her back in bed.  I think the sympathy at work is just a product of our society and shows what is expected of mothers but on the other end just how little (pathetically little) the fathers are expected to do.  WE are all sleep deprived until our kids are bigger...grow up and get used to it. period.  When our older kids (4 and 7 now) were little he helped out by feeding every other night when he was home.  He also helps get the 11 mo old down for bedtimes and nap times when I have done all I can.

MamaPeanut
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Always, we took turns.

My Dh can change a diaper and mix a bottle like a pro.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frankiesma530
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:14 PM

He gets up all the time and will do the diapers if I'm bfing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:21 PM
Not once with three kids did he get up. He changed diapers for the first two months with #1, and that was it. He never gave baths, got them dressed, etc. When I say I did/do all the childcare, I mean ALL of it.
Pinky5511
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:46 PM
Nope. His boobs don't work quite as well ;)
jamiebell
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:06 PM
That was just mean. Doesn't sound very safe or peaceful, comforting moments for the baby either, just take your shirt off and sleep blissfully? I really hope you were just trying to be rude and not serious.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Why are you so sleep deprived? Take your shirt off, tuck baby next to you in bed, and sleep blissfully all night. That is, assuming you're nursing. If not, too bad for you (and baby). :p

You're stupid (and kind of a B).  There are other kids.  Do you want the 5 year old to run amuck the entire time she's just asleep?  You're too stupid to read, too bad for yooooou. YUCK!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)