Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sahms with infants....or even just sahms...

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm just curious....does/did your dh get up with the baby at night even when he had to be at work? Ds is 5 months old and dh has gotten up once with him since he was born. The only reason he did that time was because I had been up for three days straight almost and starting weeping uncontrollably. Funny part is he was "tired" the next day and got all sorts of sympathy at work for getting up with the baby. Is this a common thing? Or did your dh pitch in?

Please excuse any typos....I'm extremely sleep deprived.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Replies (491-500):
mellymel1713
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:30 PM
Oh ok...

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh hon i know how you feel. My DF has never got up with my DD and she is now 2 and still getting up in the middle of the night. DF never fed DD while she was a baby and doesn't do much with her now. I think it's 50/50 teamwork, whether you are a sahm or not. It took two people to make a baby it should take two people to help out with him/her.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
knoxmomof2
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:09 PM

He was working 12+ hours a day with DS and 18 hour days with DD (who was born a year later), so NO he did not get up with baby at night, and I didn't expect him to. If he had been working 8 hour days, I would have expected some help in the evenings, but not at night. I rested when baby rested, and if he tried to give me crap about the house, I let him know exactly what I had been doing all day!! lol....

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this

HA! His boobs did not make milk. Until they are about 3, they are my job. After that, it's a shared job.

lawh9302
by Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:45 PM

My husband was great about helping me when I needed it.  Since he worked 12 hour days I only asked him for help when I desperately needed it though.  But if I asked he helped.  On his days off he would let me take a hot bath or take a nap and he got to spend alone time with our daughter and son.

ChristyG2012
by Bronze Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:57 AM
Not once. "He has to work the next day" is his excuse...but he doesn't have to be at work (most of the time) til 10!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:03 AM

I never had help from hubby. My DD had a problem where she would start to choke on her vomit and couldn't breath when she was a few months old. I'm pretty sure I didn't sleep for nine months straight until it stopped happening. :X

bbyB10
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:05 AM
Yes, the baby is 13 months still waking up at night and daddy gets up with her each time makes her bottle
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:06 AM
My hubby surprisingly lets me sleep even if he has to get up in the morning. He said night time is my break and work is his. I consider myself lucky.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:07 AM
Yes he did. We switched off sometimes we were up together.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope I breastfed all of our children and coslept with them until about 16 months. It wasn't hard for me even when working. Its a mothers responsibility to raise babies. The father should be the bread winner. That's what's wrong with this country. Too many lazy people and not enough. hard working christians!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)