Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sahms with infants....or even just sahms...

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm just curious....does/did your dh get up with the baby at night even when he had to be at work? Ds is 5 months old and dh has gotten up once with him since he was born. The only reason he did that time was because I had been up for three days straight almost and starting weeping uncontrollably. Funny part is he was "tired" the next day and got all sorts of sympathy at work for getting up with the baby. Is this a common thing? Or did your dh pitch in?

Please excuse any typos....I'm extremely sleep deprived.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Replies (501-510):
Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:49 AM

With my first I had really bad post partum depression and we ended up getting up together every time.

My second is now 2 months old. I get up all night with her, but if I ask my husband to he has rarely told me no (and even then only because he didn't realize he was saying no. Its hard for him to wake up once he's out lol. Or if it was just too close to when he needed to get up. ) On weekends especially he will get up if I ask, though usually I still get up at night and then he'll just get up with her in the morning and I'll sleep in. He helps a lot, I don't know how mom's do it alone (either by their own insistance or their husbands.)

cgriff89
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:57 AM

My DH gets up with our DD(20 months) if she wakes up at night. I stay home and he works but i get up before he does in the morning because I have to get DS(5 years) ready for school. And I get my one nephew at 6:30am and my other nephew and niece at 7am. When DD was younger and woke up more often we took turns.

renner450
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Well if she ever did wake up(which she didnt.) He would. Normally she had her last bottle around 9 pm and slept till 7 am. He was awake getting ready for work so he would make her a bottle, change her diaper, and if he wasn't running late he would feed her, other wise he brought her in to me. Then she would fall back asleep till 10.

mellymel1713
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Oh ... Just so you know I think your very rude.

Quoting celestegood:

Just so you know, this group has anonymous posting, so you don't have to create a new account just to post without your screen name being known (your regular one)

The cafe, this group, and I think the bedroom one has this anonymous feature.

Unless you lost your anon button.

Quoting mellymel1713:

I just made an account just to answer you. I have lurked around for a while but this subject is one that I relate big time too.

My son is 14 months old now and he still wakes up at night (mind you not to eat,) but he always was a light sleeper and ate alot when younger. My husband has maybe gotten up with him six times since he was born.

It was also the same I would be up three days until I am crying and then he will let me take maybe a four hour nap. :( it is rough both physically and mentally, and please don't get me wrong I don't want him to get up with him every night but once a week would go a far way. Keep your head up mama!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lovemyfamilyof8
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 4:27 PM

DH gets up at night and on work days and is military and works from 4-5.... He says I need my rest too :)

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Wow.  Just trying to help you.  Saw you were new, so I didn't know if you knew that or not.

And some cm members do lose their anonymous buttons, so its not being rude to say that.  It's a fact-if you are new, you may not know what I said.  And if you aren't so new, and have lost your anon button-then what I said was irrelevant.

Quoting mellymel1713:

Quoting celestegood:

Just so you know, this group has anonymous posting, so you don't have to create a new account just to post without your screen name being known (your regular one)

Quoting mellymel1713:

I just made an account just to answer you. I have lurked around for a while but this subject is one that I relate big time too.

My son is 14 months old now and he still wakes up at night (mind you not to eat,) but he always was a light sleeper and ate alot when younger. My husband has maybe gotten up with him six times since he was born.

It was also the same I would be up three days until I am crying and then he will let me take maybe a four hour nap. :( it is rough both physically and mentally, and please don't get me wrong I don't want him to get up with him every night but once a week would go a far way. Keep your head up mama!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Quoting jamiebell:

That was just mean. Doesn't sound very safe or peaceful, comforting moments for the baby either, just take your shirt off and sleep blissfully? I really hope you were just trying to be rude and not serious.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Why are you so sleep deprived? Take your shirt off, tuck baby next to you in bed, and sleep blissfully all night. That is, assuming you're nursing. If not, too bad for you (and baby). :p

You're stupid (and kind of a B).  There are other kids.  Do you want the 5 year old to run amuck the entire time she's just asleep?  You're too stupid to read, too bad for yooooou. YUCK!

5 MONTHS old. And yes it's safe to take your shirt off and nurse is what she meant? Geez! Co sleeping and nursing gives you and baby comforted blissful sleep.

Leobaby2007
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Only for the first month when he took leave from work. Other than that, I was on my own my own at night. It just was fucking fantastic. Lol.

BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:02 PM

She wasn't being rude. She was trying to help you out.

Quoting mellymel1713:

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting mellymel1713:

amanda81919
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:19 PM
No, but that was our agreement. If I got to stay home, he got to sleep until time for work. But he occasionally did it anyway.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)