Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this wrong?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
We recently moved to a very small town. We had to pull dd out of her beloved Montessori school. She'll be in kinder next year. But she's so bored and lonely. As I said, this is a SMALL town. I've been thinking of taking us to church just so she can make some little friends. DH and I were not raised in the church and we don't even know what we believe. I sort of feel like its wrong to use the church in this way. But I feel bad for my lonely dd too. What do y'all think? Is it immoral to do this?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:54 AM

No, I go to church, with my mom or DH's mom, from time to time. I don't follow the bible or believe in super organized religions. I just go to shut them up.

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

rockinmomto2
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Find a play group if you're uncomfortable with church. I'm sure there's one near you.

SlightlyPerfect
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:58 AM

We just moved to a small, rural town, and we're atheists. I wish we had the money to put DD in a Montessori school, but I'm staying home with her until she's 5, so that's off the table. What I did was put her in a church-run preschool, which, in this small town, is $110 a month, 2-3 hours a day, 3 days a week. It's perfect for her. She's almost 4. I just keep her home on "Bible Rock" days, and me and the moms have playdates for the kids throughout the week, like after school.

slightlyperfect

Livv066
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:58 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't mean this sarcastically, but maybe in doing so, you guys could find your way. Take it as a learning tool, and you could perhaps decide on what to believe. GL!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:59 AM
No luck with play group out here. I've looked quite a bit. It's a pretty rural area and I imagine people don't like to drive so much.
Uzma_mom_of_2
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Church's are happy to have you. You may be pleasently surprised by what you'll learn.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:13 AM
Yeah well, I'm half afraid of bursting into flames when I walk through the door lol :)
I think the basics of church are good for everyone. I'm scared of my kids getting ideas and values that differ from our family. For example, my SIL is a lesbian. She's in a committed relationship for 15 years and they have a son. Her "aunties" are a big part of her life and we don't want her thinking they're going to hell or that she needs to pray the gay away or something wretched like that. I don't want her chiding to do the right things in life because she scared of the consequences ie: going to hell. I want her to make the right choices because its the right thing to do. I don't want her worried for my soul because i drink beer and say damn and hell regularly. Kids are so impressionable. I had some terrifying church experiences as a kid. My grandma is southern baptist. And her preacher loved to hop around and shout about hellfire and brimstone. We are looking at the Presbyterian or Methodist churches. Any opinions on that?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN