Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I got drunk and

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Slept with my cousin! Now I'm pretty sure I am pregnant. WTH am I going to do?

It happened in October after we went out drinking together. My period was late so I took a home test and it was positive!

How did this happen?!?!?!?! Ahhhhhh!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:01 AM
Replies (41-50):
goodnightmama
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:38 AM
What is up with the I slept with so and so and now Im pregnant posts? Has everyone lost their minds and decided to sleep with the first person they saw?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:41 AM

well, I wouldnt toss it around if I didnt know... I know a lot of people would though, just like a lot of people would dispute it since it seems so absurd and they may have taken some law course years ago where they may have heard some misinformation.  

Just throwing that out there.

And yeah, it is kind of backwoods, I never said I was proud of the law...

Quoting CABZS:

I didn't say you didn't live there. Not everyone knows the laws of their state perfectly.

Notice I also didn't say you were wrong and I said most states. In most it is 3rd cousins. But I'm glad to know there are other states that are just as backwoods as PA.

Quoting anyotherday:

I live here, it is totally legal to marry your first cousin provided you participate in genetic counseling first

http://www.mainelegislature.org/legis/statutes/19-A/title19-Asec701.html section 2B!

It was pretty pathetic it took three trys to get same sex marriage to pass with a law like this on our books!

Quoting CABZS:

I think it depends. Never heard of any state allowing someone to marry a first or second cousin. It seems to start at 3rd cousins where it is legal.

I only know this bc of a law class I took years ago, just throwing that out there.

Quoting anyotherday:

well, it's legal to marry your cousin in Maine. Move on up.

BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Lmao.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:45 AM
This happened to hy husband's brother and their cousin. They had the baby and got married. They've been together for almost 20 years. Pretty weird if you ask me but the family doesn't seem to think its a big deal though.
gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:45 AM

That is kinda gross.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:46 AM

How did this happen? You got drunk and acted like a hooch. That's how it happened. 

Young_Mommy89
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Ok I've been around a lot of drunk ppl & they may find ugly ppl attractive....but they know the difference between a cousin & someone not related to them
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Troll
momma-flynn
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:53 AM
Lol
CABZS
by Emerald Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Misinformation? Yup law school teaches a lot of misinformation I'm sure.

I wasn't being a bitch, I said most states again. Didn't say you were wrong, I said I think it depends.

Quite a few times I've heard over the years, "so gross did you know you could marry your cousin" just to have them learn it is only 3rd cousin and up.

So yes I threw it out there that it may depend.

Oh and I put my disclaimer in about the paw class so people didn't think I was trying to marry my cousin.

Quoting anyotherday:

well, I wouldnt toss it around if I didnt know... I know a lot of people would though, just like a lot of people would dispute it since it seems so absurd and they may have taken some law course years ago where they may have heard some misinformation.  

Just throwing that out there.

And yeah, it is kind of backwoods, I never said I was proud of the law...

Quoting CABZS:

I didn't say you didn't live there. Not everyone knows the laws of their state perfectly.

Notice I also didn't say you were wrong and I said most states. In most it is 3rd cousins. But I'm glad to know there are other states that are just as backwoods as PA.

Quoting anyotherday:

I live here, it is totally legal to marry your first cousin provided you participate in genetic counseling first

http://www.mainelegislature.org/legis/statutes/19-A/title19-Asec701.html section 2B!

It was pretty pathetic it took three trys to get same sex marriage to pass with a law like this on our books!

Quoting CABZS:

I think it depends. Never heard of any state allowing someone to marry a first or second cousin. It seems to start at 3rd cousins where it is legal.

I only know this bc of a law class I took years ago, just throwing that out there.

Quoting anyotherday:

well, it's legal to marry your cousin in Maine. Move on up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN