Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

dental college

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:49 AM
  • 9 Replies
I'm in some serious pain. I went to my dentist and he wants 200$ to surgically extract a molar. My dental insurance doesn't kick in until January :(
dh wants me to go the dental college, on Tuesday. On their website it days the average payment for treatment in the emergency dental department is 150-175$
I have two problems, #1 I don't know what to expect.
#2 I don't want to wait until Tuesday, I want to go first thing Monday morning. I'm not sure how long it will.take, or if they might have to sedate me b/c the whole tooth broke off. Just parts under the gum are left.
anyways has anybody been to a dental college? Please share your experience.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:51 AM
If you are in that much pain just pay up. I wouldn't wait longer to get $25 off the bill. Plus, there's a chance they will send you back to your dentist anyway.
destiny2nv
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:54 AM
That is what I tried to tell dh.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you are in that much pain just pay up. I wouldn't wait longer to get $25 off the bill. Plus, there's a chance they will send you back to your dentist anyway.
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:56 AM
They may not be able to do it at the college, you're better off going to the regular DDS or dental surgeon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
destiny2nv
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:59 AM
hmmm.ok
my regular dentist is great and the office is 2-3 blocks away. I could walk there and back.

Quoting lapcounter:

They may not be able to do it at the college, you're better off going to the regular DDS or dental surgeon.
destiny2nv
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:01 AM
anyone else ? Opinions ??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:05 AM

I would just go to your regular dentist since you won't be saving that much anyways and it sounds like your issue might be too complicated for the college.  For now if you are on pain today you could get some clove oil and that should help for immediate pain.

destiny2nv
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:44 AM
Bump??
Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:46 AM
Er, dental colleges are great and cheap but I personally wouldn't go to one lol I've heard horror stories!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
destiny2nv
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Like what!?

Quoting Tooth_Inspector:

Er, dental colleges are great and cheap but I personally wouldn't go to one lol I've heard horror stories!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)