Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just made my son turn off Sponge Bob Edit

Posted by   + Show Post

My son (5) and I are "taking turns."  I watch a show, then he picks one, lol.  So his pick was Spongebob.  That didn't fly.  I made him turn it off and pick something else.  He said, "MawMaw (Grandma) lets me watch it."  I said, "Is MawMaw here?"  He said, "No, I have to change it, huh?"  LOL  I was like, "Yes."  So he picked Caillou, which doesn't make me NEARLY as crazy, LOL.  So, now we are watching Cailllou.  I can't wait until my turn so I can have Big Bang Theory back. ETA:  He has NEVER been allowed to watch Spongebob.  This is NOT a new rule as of today because I suddenly don't like the show.  His entire life, DH and I have agreed that it is inappropriate and he is not to watch it.  He KNOWS this rule and chose to break it.  Rather than taking his TV privilege entirely, I gave him the opportunity to find something else.  Not really sure how this post became such drama.  I was sharing innocent Sunday morning fun.  You women are WAY more upset over this than the 5 year old who was the "victim" in the situation. 

LOL You women are crazy. Who knew a stupid yellow sponge could evoke such riot?
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Replies (11-20):
SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Sponge bob is never allowed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Sponge Bob is banned in my house. My kids are 7 and 5 and I think (for MY kids) that show is highly inappropriate. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:07 AM
4 moms liked this

Spongebob is cooler than Calilou.  That kid has some serious issues.

mom2ljh
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Nope. He loves BBT. It's only Spongebob. MIL knows my feelings and introduces him to it anyhow. He knows it isn't allowed and that be broke a rule. ANY other show child's show, despite my personally feeling toward it, is fine.

Quoting purpleducky:

Can he veto your shows too?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diamondgyal16
by Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:08 AM
I wouldn't say spongebob is for kids when my mom watches him I make sure to tell her to not let him watch it...spongebob just seems inappropriate
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:08 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree!  I call him cry-iou!   My oldest has grown up on spongebob and is my perfect child, honor roll, fav of the family type of girl!!  

*if cartoons make your child-you are doing it wrong!

Quoting teri4lance:

I'd much rather watch spongebob than the whiner

SharonHernandez
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:09 AM
My daughter is watching spongebob right now
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:09 AM
2 moms liked this
That's so unfair, IMHO. You put certain rules in place and then break them because you don't like it? What kind of message are you sending him? If he was allowed to pick any show and he picked I've you don't like, suck it up. Respect his wishes. Unless, of course, he's also allowed to make you change your pick if he doesn't like it.
Bad move, sorry
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:09 AM
2 moms liked this
Well why is spongebob banned? And why can you veto and he can't? It seems like you want to teach him about being fair (I.e. by taking turns) yet don't follow through with it.

Quoting mom2ljh:

Nope. He live BBT. It's only Spongebob. MIL knows my feelings and introduces him to it anyhow. He knows it isn't allowed and that be broke a rule. ANY other show child's show, despite my personally feeling toward it, is fine.

Quoting purpleducky:

Can he veto your shows too?

la-cosa-nostra
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Spongebob is not allowed in my house, at all ever.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured