Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just made my son turn off Sponge Bob Edit

Posted by   + Show Post

My son (5) and I are "taking turns."  I watch a show, then he picks one, lol.  So his pick was Spongebob.  That didn't fly.  I made him turn it off and pick something else.  He said, "MawMaw (Grandma) lets me watch it."  I said, "Is MawMaw here?"  He said, "No, I have to change it, huh?"  LOL  I was like, "Yes."  So he picked Caillou, which doesn't make me NEARLY as crazy, LOL.  So, now we are watching Cailllou.  I can't wait until my turn so I can have Big Bang Theory back. ETA:  He has NEVER been allowed to watch Spongebob.  This is NOT a new rule as of today because I suddenly don't like the show.  His entire life, DH and I have agreed that it is inappropriate and he is not to watch it.  He KNOWS this rule and chose to break it.  Rather than taking his TV privilege entirely, I gave him the opportunity to find something else.  Not really sure how this post became such drama.  I was sharing innocent Sunday morning fun.  You women are WAY more upset over this than the 5 year old who was the "victim" in the situation. 

LOL You women are crazy. Who knew a stupid yellow sponge could evoke such riot?
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I haven't let my kids watch it since the episode they were making fun of the squirrel for being "slow"
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:10 AM
I can't stand SB either. Everytime I hear it, I tell them to change it. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

why not shut the damn thing off and do something ?

mom2ljh
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:11 AM
I didn't say Spongebob will hurt your kid, but my kid isn't allowed to watch it in my home. I rather he watch a show with some values and, though he's a "whiner" Caillou does offer moral value. NTM, I cannot stand SpongeBob, lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree!  I call him cry-iou!   My oldest has grown up on spongebob and is my perfect child, honor roll, fav of the family type of girl!!  

*if cartoons make your child-you are doing it wrong!

Quoting teri4lance:

I'd much rather watch spongebob than the whiner

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Lol. Did you see the end to it? Its really not bad. The squirrel is not slow, shes actually smarter than all of them.

Sb is just dumb entertainment.

Quoting Anonymous:

I haven't let my kids watch it since the episode they were making fun of the squirrel for being "slow"
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I would rather stab an ice pick in my ear than watch Calliou he is such a whiny little brat. it's banned in my house. Spongebob is not nearly so annoying but that is just my opinion. 

mom2ljh
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Because we are watching TV and snuggling. I worked until 2AM and got home at 3AM. Got a problem with it?

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

why not shut the damn thing off and do something ?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:13 AM
It is lol but no I didn't see the end..I just remember the squirrel being sad telling them not to laugh at her that she isn't slow! I was shocked at the concept of it. Teaching kids to make fun of anyone for that matter.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol. Did you see the end to it? Its really not bad. The squirrel is not slow, shes actually smarter than all of them.

Sb is just dumb entertainment.

Quoting Anonymous:

Pink_Love
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Do you know the story behind sponge bob?! Sponge Bob was originally supposed to be on Adult Swim and was supposed to be a dirty cartoon. Think about certain things "bikini bottom" "crusty crab" however adult swim didn't pick it up and they redesigned certain aspects so kids could watch it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
1BoyManyGirls
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:13 AM
2 moms liked this
Awww I love SpongeBob. All my kids grew up on him and they're just fine, insane individuals LOL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)