Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just made my son turn off Sponge Bob Edit

Posted by   + Show Post

My son (5) and I are "taking turns."  I watch a show, then he picks one, lol.  So his pick was Spongebob.  That didn't fly.  I made him turn it off and pick something else.  He said, "MawMaw (Grandma) lets me watch it."  I said, "Is MawMaw here?"  He said, "No, I have to change it, huh?"  LOL  I was like, "Yes."  So he picked Caillou, which doesn't make me NEARLY as crazy, LOL.  So, now we are watching Cailllou.  I can't wait until my turn so I can have Big Bang Theory back. ETA:  He has NEVER been allowed to watch Spongebob.  This is NOT a new rule as of today because I suddenly don't like the show.  His entire life, DH and I have agreed that it is inappropriate and he is not to watch it.  He KNOWS this rule and chose to break it.  Rather than taking his TV privilege entirely, I gave him the opportunity to find something else.  Not really sure how this post became such drama.  I was sharing innocent Sunday morning fun.  You women are WAY more upset over this than the 5 year old who was the "victim" in the situation. 

LOL You women are crazy. Who knew a stupid yellow sponge could evoke such riot?
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Replies (31-40):
CCMami
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:13 AM
The annoying show is big bang. You're not fair. Calliou is a bit immature for his age.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom2five87
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:13 AM

I am sick and fucking tired of Spongebob. Not only is it extremely annoying, it teaches the kids bad stuff. It seems innocent at first but there are little things they throw in there that I just don't think are appropriate. For example, my 7 year old copies Spongebob and goes around sticking his butt out and shaking it with a dumb look on his face. lol. I have told him over and over and over.... THAT IS INAPPROPRIATE! STOP IT! I keep saying this but I swear I am gonna block Spongebob. The only problem is, I can't just block that show. I'd have to block the whole channel : (

pregnancy week by week

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

mom2ljh
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:14 AM
He's NEVER been allowed to watch SpongeBob at home and be knew it. He was even giggling as he turned it on because he knew he'd have to change it.

Quoting momto2boys973:

That's so unfair, IMHO. You put certain rules in place and then break them because you don't like it? What kind of message are you sending him? If he was allowed to pick any show and he picked I've you don't like, suck it up. Respect his wishes. Unless, of course, he's also allowed to make you change your pick if he doesn't like it.

Bad move, sorry

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1BoyManyGirls
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:14 AM
Adult Swim on Cartoon Network? It hasn't been on that long, I don't know where you heard that from, but my kids were watching SB back in the 90s...AS has been on maybe 10 years.

Quoting Pink_Love:

Do you know the story behind sponge bob?! Sponge Bob was originally supposed to be on Adult Swim and was supposed to be a dirty cartoon. Think about certain things "bikini bottom" "crusty crab" however adult swim didn't pick it up and they redesigned certain aspects so kids could watch it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto2boys973
by Emerald Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:15 AM
4 moms liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

I haven't let my kids watch it since the episode they were making fun of the squirrel for being "slow"

Funny. My boys were saying how wrong it was to make fun of Sandy and how it's something you shouldn't do. So they took a good lesson from it.
As I said on another thread, after seeing the anime crap and violent and vulgar shows from Cartoon Network, Spongebob is amazing. At least he sends the message of being loyal, hard working, proud of your work, happy despite any situation, and a good friend.

Sharon
Junesmommy18
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:15 AM
Whats wrong with spongebob?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jedwards2009
I cannot stand sponge bob. Dd watches it at daycare, but not at home. It's so obnixous. We watch Daniel tiger a lot
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gemikris82

im scaed of spongebob lol so....no sb in this house lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:16 AM
Oh lol. Well it ended by SB making fun of himself to show how much he cared for the squirrel. Then he made fun of everyone else, and the entire place was cracking up.

Quoting Anonymous:

It is lol but no I didn't see the end..I just remember the squirrel being sad telling them not to laugh at her that she isn't slow! I was shocked at the concept of it. Teaching kids to make fun of anyone for that matter.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol. Did you see the end to it? Its really not bad. The squirrel is not slow, shes actually smarter than all of them.

Sb is just dumb entertainment.

Quoting Anonymous:

I haven't let my kids watch it since the episode they were making fun of the squirrel for being "slow"

jnw2992
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:16 AM

My daughter loves spongebob and dora and during the day she can watch w/e she wants shes 3 so i dont think spongebob is that bad for her cause she just laughs at patrick for being dumb... i dont allow my dd to watch anything over pg/tv-y7. so my shows dont go on till after 9pm and shes in bed ... and no the tv doesnt stay on all day she only watches 2 hours max a day and most the time shes playing the rest of the time disneymusic goes on

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN