Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just made my son turn off Sponge Bob Edit

Posted by   + Show Post

My son (5) and I are "taking turns."  I watch a show, then he picks one, lol.  So his pick was Spongebob.  That didn't fly.  I made him turn it off and pick something else.  He said, "MawMaw (Grandma) lets me watch it."  I said, "Is MawMaw here?"  He said, "No, I have to change it, huh?"  LOL  I was like, "Yes."  So he picked Caillou, which doesn't make me NEARLY as crazy, LOL.  So, now we are watching Cailllou.  I can't wait until my turn so I can have Big Bang Theory back. ETA:  He has NEVER been allowed to watch Spongebob.  This is NOT a new rule as of today because I suddenly don't like the show.  His entire life, DH and I have agreed that it is inappropriate and he is not to watch it.  He KNOWS this rule and chose to break it.  Rather than taking his TV privilege entirely, I gave him the opportunity to find something else.  Not really sure how this post became such drama.  I was sharing innocent Sunday morning fun.  You women are WAY more upset over this than the 5 year old who was the "victim" in the situation. 

LOL You women are crazy. Who knew a stupid yellow sponge could evoke such riot?
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Replies (511-517):
piratehooker
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:26 PM
Over 500 posts for the sponge.

I am not sure what to think of this.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PurpleChaos
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Why do you see Spongebob as inappropriate? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:05 AM
I can't, it was in Parents magazine...why are you getting so defensive of a tv show? It's quite funny actually.

Quoting Cairebaire:

Overly Aggressive Much???  Wow.  You showed me, huh?? (Not.)

I'm questioning your claim about "attention problems", which gives you an excellent opportunity to site your sources & leave the links to the STUDIES (plural!) that you're referring to... Attacking me (while conveniently leaving out FACTS - which you claim to be true) seems to indicate that YOU'RE the one who's "pulling shit out of your ass".  Just sayin'...

So, SITE YOUR SOURCES!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Did I say A.D.D.? I guess I...oh...wait...NO. good job at pulling shit out of your ass though.

Quoting Cairebaire:

Quoting Anonymous:

I dislike spongebob greatly. Studies have been done that show it can cause attention problems.

Wait. Studies?? That cause A.D.D.?? Wow. That's new. *smh*

Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Nov. 27, 2012 at 2:08 AM

I'm just wondering what could be "inappropriate" about it/

Quoting mom2ljh:

DH and I agree it is not an appropriate show for a 5 year old. I upheld that rule. The end. The kid was over it 5 seconds after it happened. He knew he was not going to get to watch it.

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Wtf is inappropriate about Spongebob other than the fact that you don't like it? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Im sorry i thought something else kindove sidetracked kud wont go to sleep

Quoting mom2ljh:

He picked a show that is against the rules. It did not become against the rules today. It has always been against the rules. I don't get why that's hard to understand.

Quoting Pandagurl:

I wouldnt tell him pick a show and then say NO

mom2ljh
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Huh?

Quoting Anonymous:

Im sorry i thought something else kindove sidetracked kud wont go to sleep

Quoting mom2ljh:

He picked a show that is against the rules. It did not become against the rules today. It has always been against the rules. I don't get why that's hard to understand.

Quoting Pandagurl:

I wouldnt tell him pick a show and then say NO

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Flobrooks
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:37 PM

I never let mine watch Bart Simpson, it took two years to find a decent Bart Simpson T shirt after "everybody had one". It was not a matter of taking turns, I did not like the sassy mouth content.  I also destroyed some fighting Nintendo games and some CD's that I did not like the music.  He turned out to be an upstanding, moral young man.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)