Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why are teen mothers *EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 275 Replies
11 moms liked this
"proud" everywhere I looke they are saying "Proud teenage Mother" if youve finished school and youre taking care of your kid.. Great. But, why are you proud to have gotten pregnant so young, more than likely on accident and unwed? EDIT congrats. All teen mothers on CM are the exception, obviously. You are all great mothers who graduated early and own your own home blah blah blah. Sorry. Thats what comes with being a mom. You deserve no recognition for that.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:28 AM
12 moms liked this

i was proud i survived? shouldnt ANYONE be proud they survived motherhood? are you saying teen moms should be less proud, based on age? if thats the case, then should older mothers be less than proud as well?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:28 AM
13 moms liked this
For the same reason older women are the only thing different about us is our age.
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:29 AM
38 moms liked this
I might catch hell for this, but women tend to be proud of every little thing they do in general. Anything that involves moving an inch is "empowering". Now we have people who seem to feel the need to be thanked and lauded for being adults and accomplishing things that used to be general expectations. They think that cleaning up their own messes is something to be thanked for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:29 AM
3 moms liked this

IDK. I do not go around saying I am a proud married Mother. lol. 

Society has made it acceptable to be a teen Mom.  Look at all the shows, Teen Mom, Secret life, ect. 

arpazia
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:30 AM
I was proud! Married a year and planned! Why are older women proud?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Rachelmomof1
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:31 AM
5 moms liked this
I'm not, but I am proud of my accomplishments. I haven't met a teen mom who's proud of being a teen mom. Am I proud of beating the odds by remaining on track to graduate? Yes. (I graduate in June.) Am I proud of being accepted to college already? Yes. (No, not a community college either.) I'm not proud of the fact that I got pregnant too young.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sunshinebebe26
1 mom liked this

Quoting vetNmommy:

IDK. I do not go around saying I am a proud married Mother. lol. 

Society has made it acceptable to be a teen Mom.  Look at all the shows, Teen Mom, Secret life, ect. 

I agree with this those shows make me sick!

So.Ill.Mama
I was a teen mom..I never felt more proud than when I was older and had my other kids..I never felt entitled, either.. I had a job to do and I did it..simple as that.
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:33 AM
I am a proud parent because I am proud of my kids. Yes I had my oldest at 18 but I don't think that diminishes my parenthood.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I was proud that I had actually graduated high school, got married(18) and had my son when I was 19. I was proud that I wasn't just a statistic.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured