Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you marry someone with bad credit? (Low 400s)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
?

He has a steady job but never pays bills on time.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Replies (21-30):
Leobaby2007
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Credit can be rebuilt. If he was working on it, then yes.

sweetmissy_05
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Yes I would.....then we can work on things together..besides I had really low credit too before we got married......it happens.  Nobody's perfect.  

wyldebtrfly
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:39 PM
8 moms liked this

Is that how dating works now? Back when i was single and dating you dated and fell in love with someone based on who they were, not on their credit score. Do people fill out applications and carry their recent credit history around with them these days?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

LMAO. Sure if I Loved him. You can always work to build your credit up, Dh and I are working on ours now so we can buy a home in a yr. I would not pass up the chance to be with my DH because of his credit, and I think it is silly for women to base marriage on a credit score. That's sad. 

MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't even have a credit score bc I buy everything in cash. =(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AF2011
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Quoting Ireallydontcare:

Yes, shit happens.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Probably not, no. Money is what ended my parent's marriage. It is INHERENT that my spouse be extremely responsible with money. And he is. 

meka26
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Nope, that is irresponsible. I had bad credit when I met SO for signing for my family members. SO and I did not get married until I cleaned up my credit. He didn't have any credit when we met b/c he always paid cash for everything. Sometimes that is worse than bad credit (that's what we were told). While I cleaned up mine, he started buidling credit. We both know how important good credit is.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:43 PM

DH's second wife left him in horrible debt,mostly dr and hospital bills. He filed for bankrupcty two months be for we got married.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Why would you base love on a credit score??? Credit does not equal happiness!  That is silly!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)