Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you marry someone with bad credit? (Low 400s)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
?

He has a steady job but never pays bills on time.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this
No. The fact that he hasn't paid off his debt. And that he keeps filing for bankruptcy says a lot. Is he at least TRYING to fix it?

Quoting Anonymous:

no he keeps filing bankruptcy & starting over

Quoting Anonymous:

Probably. It depends on where he's at in his life now. Has he paid off all debt? Is he working on building his credit?
kikibix
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

At this point in my life, probably not.  I'd only get into that type of situation if the man was willing to hand over his entire paycheque every time and give a full accounting of his bills and finances and let me handle payments and budgetting.   Financial stress is one of the biggest pitfalls in any relationship. Another thing to consider is that it will take years for his credit to improve to the point where you could both qualify to buy a house, so if that's in your future plans......

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Who the hell ask for a credit report when you get proposed to?  Sounds like some cold hearted ladies to me!

kikibix
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:54 PM
4 moms liked this

Did I just read he "keeps filing for bankruptcy"?  Then run.  He sounds like he has a sense of entitlement.  It's one thing to fall on hard times but to keep running up  bills that you cannot afford is selfish.

BluePandaDreams
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this
No. The bad credit wouldn't bother me as much as never paying the bills on time. Depending on state law that level of stupidity could affect me at some point, after the marriage. No thank you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this
How do you "keep filing for bankruptcy"? I thought you could only file every 8 years....I'm not a stickler about credit scores, income, or any of that, and would likely forgive a bankruptcy mark....but multiple? Hell no.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Probably. It depends on where he's at in his life now. Has he paid off all debt? Is he working on building his credit?

seraphimsong
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Then no way

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:58 PM
no he just waits the 7 yrs and files again

Quoting Anonymous:

No. The fact that he hasn't paid off his debt. And that he keeps filing for bankruptcy says a lot. Is he at least TRYING to fix it?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Roo1234
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
It says s lot about his character. I would think twice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Sweet baby Jesus. Get out now before your credit looks like his.

Quoting Anonymous:

no he just waits the 7 yrs and files again

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)