Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate this PTSD !

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this
My husband has PTSD. I am sooooo exhausted with dealing with it. I feel alone. I know it's worse for him. I will not leave him over it. He has had it since 2007. Now 3 deployments later they have finally started to treat him for it. I feel like his emotional punching bag. Whenever he's having a bad day , which is most , I ask what's wrong and he says your attitude ! Wtf. Even when I am not saying or doing anything. I'm just tired I guess
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Bump
armywife009
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry. :(

Hang in there Mama, hopefully the treatment will do him some good. Do you have an escape? Like go visit family for a few hours alone or go out alone for a little while to clear your head and get some space from him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:34 PM
I do sometimes but I don't like to leave with the kids home. He's never done anything to them but I know when he's upset he goes in the bedroom and just closes off the world.

Quoting armywife009:

I'm sorry. :(

Hang in there Mama, hopefully the treatment will do him some good. Do you have an escape? Like go visit family for a few hours alone or go out alone for a little while to clear your head and get some space from him.

etsmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry you are going through that. My sister's ex was that way. He was always berating her and it was worse for her if there was an audience. She eventually left him after he refused to get counsiling for his issues. I hope that things improve now that he is being scene for it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:35 PM
I also struggle with my own physical issues. I am sick and in the hospital a few times a year. Seems those are the times things are great for him. I know he loves me and all but when is enough enough ??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Yes. He refused forever and he's also worse with an audience. He doesn't say much but his attitude around people gets really crappy. He's always mad no matter what I try to do.

Quoting etsmom:

I'm sorry you are going through that. My sister's ex was that way. He was always berating her and it was worse for her if there was an audience. She eventually left him after he refused to get counsiling for his issues. I hope that things improve now that he is being scene for it.

AF2011
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I figured he was in the military the second I read the first sentence. It will be okay!! My ex is a Marine and he came back just not the same. It broke my heart the way he acted. 

lovehimforever
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Hang in there! i know from experience how hard it is. just my situation is opposite. I have PTSD and my poor DH has to deal with it. but things will get better. they just take time. and getting help is the first step! just remember to breathe! 

GOOD LUCK

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this
i have ptsd....or had....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 25, 2012 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

i know how that is..my husband had 2 deployments and has it...i gave him a ton of chances...at some point i just stopped giving a fuck about it all and moved out..forced him to get help..we still have bad days but with time we are both geting better..u need marriage counseling..and hun if he won't go at all then you go by yourself it will help i promise

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)