Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ASPERGERS, DO YOU OR YOUR SO/SPOUSE HAVE IT?

Posted by   + Show Post

Part of a rehab report I have to write is about a case study of a 33 year old male with Aspergers who wants to move in with his girlfriend.  What is your relationship like.  What are some challenges?  What's great?  

Thanks in advance!

With light and love

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:04 PM
Replies (11-17):
Cymbeline
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I have been formally diagnosed with Asperger's. ASDs run in my family.

My DF does not have Asperger's. He seems to like my quirky ways, and is patient when I have questions about interactions or life issues.

I do not have the problems with this relationship that I did in the past. I have found that Aspie females are easy targets for abusive men.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Thank you!  I'm glad that you found a good one.

Quoting Cymbeline:

I have been formally diagnosed with Asperger's. ASDs run in my family.

My DF does not have Asperger's. He seems to like my quirky ways, and is patient when I have questions about interactions or life issues.

I do not have the problems with this relationship that I did in the past. I have found that Aspie females are easy targets for abusive men.

With light and love

Meghan6391
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:28 PM
My 25 y.o uncle has it and we all live in the same home. He is pretty bad bc he doesn't understand his condition
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Nov. 28, 2012 at 3:44 AM

BUMP!

michelles89
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 3:59 AM
My sons father has aspergers. I tried to make our relationship work for two years but I left. He didn't tell me he had aspergers I told our son was diagnosed autistic at 17 months. He cheated on me all the time and since then hasn't had a steady relationship he's got a new gf and going through divorce
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2012 at 4:03 AM
Neither of us have it but our ds 14 has it. He has been seeing a girl in his iep class who also has it. It's interesting to say the least to see them together.
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:00 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN