Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sad, closing my business, back to SAHM

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:29 PM
  • 7 Replies

I opened my own fitness studio a little more than 7 years ago.

My husband became ill over the summer, and because of that (and a couple of other reasons), I'll be closing it down after the first of the new year. I've already reduced my schedule and hours since August, but it just doesn't pay to stay open.

So, I'm going to be a SAHM in the new year! Well, my daughter goes to school all day, so I guess I'll be a housewife, lol. I guess I'll need to find a hobby.

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Amanda52007
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:31 PM
Can you sell it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:31 PM
I'm not really understanding why you are closing it down if you're going to be a housewife? Is your DH well enough to work?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lifehappy
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not really understanding why you are closing it down if you're going to be a housewife? Is your DH well enough to work?

Yes, my husband is well enough to work, but I'm more invested in his health and our time as a family. Also, taxes and other fees are killing me...I'm not losing anything yet, but I will eventually.

If I ever decide to reopen someday, it won't be too hard to do so...it's our property, building, etc., so there's no loss.

lifehappy
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:54 PM

There's no need to sell it.

Quoting Amanda52007:

Can you sell it?

kissmiss213
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:56 PM

what about doing personal sessions out of your home?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:58 PM
Got ya!! Well that's nice! :-) Its nice you can do that!

Quoting lifehappy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, my husband is well enough to work, but I'm more invested in his health and our time as a family. Also, taxes and other fees are killing me...I'm not losing anything yet, but I will eventually.

If I ever decide to reopen someday, it won't be too hard to do so...it's our property, building, etc., so there's no loss.

lifehappy
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Well, my studio is about 20 yards from my house, lol, so that's really what I've been doing for the last 7 years. ;)

My husband's business is less than a 10 minute drive, so he can come home at a moment's notice. It's just going to be easier this way, especially if he has to start treatment (cross your fingers that it'll be a while!).

Quoting kissmiss213:

what about doing personal sessions out of your home?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)