Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The condom busted!! Advice please?? EDIT

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My fwb and I had sex earlier this morning and the condom busted. Yes, he came inside of me but seeing as that I'm on cycle day 22 of a usual 33 day cycle, should I be concerned about pregnancy? My LMP was November 4th. I don't do ovulation tests or chart, the only thing I do is track my cycle from month to month and sometimes I note the symptoms. According to most online ovulation calculators my O days would have been the 21st-25th. AF should be here next week on the 7th I think? Advice please?? Thanks ladies

Based on the information ABOVE what do you think my chances of pregnancy are?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:03 PM
Replies (161-170):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 29, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Ok thanks. Would a cheap test work or what would you recommend?

Quoting Lydlou02:

I'd test the morning of the eight. Just relax, don't stress, and tell him before you.test. He was there for the broken condom, so he knows there is a chance.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks (I hope) I didn't think you could get pregnant so close to your next period (if I am) My period is due on December 7th. When is the earliest I can take a test or should I just wait it out?

Quoting Lydlou02:

Day 22 of 33? Congrats. (if you're as fertile as me, but some ppl don't get PG that easy,)

Lydlou02
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 6:09 PM
I've always gotten the cheapest 2PAC from Walgreens. Idk, I just never thought of getting them anywhere else. I've heard of women on her using dollar store test, but I don't have any experience with them.
Or if you don't want to spend money on a test you can go to one of those free pregnancy clinics.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Lydlou02:

I'd test the morning of the eight. Just relax, don't stress, and tell him before you.test. He was there for the broken condom, so he knows there is a chance.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks (I hope) I didn't think you could get pregnant so close to your next period (if I am) My period is due on December 7th. When is the earliest I can take a test or should I just wait it out?

Quoting Lydlou02:

Day 22 of 33? Congrats. (if you're as fertile as me, but some ppl don't get PG that easy,)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wyattlucasmama
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:05 AM

It can be a factor in ANY diabetes, but the extra weight before pregnancy(and during) is a large factor with it.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's okay. I know it can be done I just have to devote the time and energy to doing it. I have never heard of PCOS being linked to gestational diabetes although I do know PCOS can cause or is caused by inulin resistance.

Quoting Wyattlucasmama:

I apologize, different doctors will tell different things to patients. I was diagnosed nearly 10 years ago, and at one point I lost 70 lbs. I have since gained it all back plus some since having my son. It can be done with the right combination of meds and diet/exercise. I wish you well with everything! Be careful though if you are pregnant, you are at a higher risk for gestational diabetes.

Quoting Anonymous:

Before my periods stopped I weighed 160 and was having a period every month. My periods stopped for 5 months straight and I shot up to 180. No change in diet or anything. Went to the doctor and they said I had SOME cycts on my ovaries but not alot. Put me on Provera to jumpstart my periods and put me on birth control as well. I am educated about PCOS.

This was 5 years ago and the most I have been able to lose is 10 pounds no matter what I do.

Quoting Wyattlucasmama:

Wow well I have PCOS and all the research I read said that it was CAUSED BY being overweight and that losing weight could eventually eliminate it. Birth control DOES NOT ONLY HELP REGULATE YOUR PERIODS. Again, if you have a disease/disorder/syndrome, educate yourself on it. I was prescribed a specific birth control to help with the PCOS. I was diagnosed after almost a year of no periods AFTER I was overweight not before.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes it does. That is how I was intially diagnosed! My cycle stopped for 5 months and I gained 20 pounds confirmed with 8 pregnancy tests that I was not pregnant and an ultrasound. Was told I had PCOS and that it was the cause of my weight gain and non existent cycle. That was 5 years ago. My periods usually skips months but have become quite regular.

Birth control ONLY helps to regulate your periods. I don't have sex regularly and my periods are coming regularly so why be on birth control?

Quoting Wyattlucasmama:

PCOS does NOT CAUSE weight gain nor does it add any difficulty to losing weight that isn't already present, one of the causes is being overweight. ALSO, birth control HELPS with PCOS.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know I can lose weight through diet and exercise. I have lost 11 pounds so far. Due to my PCOS weight loss is kind of hard. I know I can lose the weight its just hard to do. Condoms have been very effective for me in the past. My son was a semi planned child. My ex and I had planned on being together forever at 15 and 18 but it didn't work out that way. No its not fair to the children to go without a father but with my son its better for his father to not be around because he is abusive.

As far as if I am pregnant now I will tell him (fwb) and let him decide wether he wants to be involved or not. If he does great, if he doesn't then thats his loss. I won't and can't force him to be a father and I won't waste my time doing it.

Quoting Wyattlucasmama:

UMM WOW!! You are terribly misinformed. First of all not ALL birth controls make you gain weight. Second of all, you can lose weight by eating healthy and exercising. You CANNOT prevent pregnancy by eating healthy and exercising. I think the benefit FAR outweighs the consequences when you think about things maturely. Third, condoms suck. They are not very effective and break as you have experienced. Get yourself informed better on birth control and your body, before you end up with another child with no father. It is not fair to the children.

Quoting Anonymous:

Birth control makes you gain weight and seeing as that I am 5'2 and already weigh 180 pounds I really don't want to gain more weight. That's why we use condoms.

Quoting Wyattlucasmama:

What the hell does overweight have to do with not taking birth control?!?! You are being very risky and stupid. Trust me I know. I have been in the same situation you are, but I WAS on birth control.

Quoting Anonymous:

No because it's not like we have sex on a regular basis plus I'm already overweight so it just never crossed my mind.

Quoting deviljrswifey:

Ever think of Birth control pils? Or any other besides condoms?

Quoting Anonymous:

We do use condoms and have used them everytime we've had sex. This time it busted though.

Quoting deviljrswifey:

maybe if you have a FWB then be on birth control and use condoms. Because im sure a FWB isnt going to want a baby.

Quoting Anonymous:

He's not a random guy, he's my fwb and we've been sleeping together for the past 3 months.

Quoting Anonymous:

Stop sleeping with random guys?

Oh wait, that's a non slut thing to do.

smushy79
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:07 AM

I would take the morning after pill. And start using a back up method of BC.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Too late for the morning after pill. I am looking into that now.

Quoting smushy79:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 1, 2012 at 4:34 PM

I know Walmart sells tests for $0.88 cents but since I am still 6 days away I still think I may wait a little while longer.

Quoting Lydlou02:

I've always gotten the cheapest 2PAC from Walgreens. Idk, I just never thought of getting them anywhere else. I've heard of women on her using dollar store test, but I don't have any experience with them.
Or if you don't want to spend money on a test you can go to one of those free pregnancy clinics.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Lydlou02:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Lydlou02:

smushy79
by Gold Member on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:03 PM
Then you have 3 options if prego.....keep it, abort it, or adoption.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting smushy79:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mcclainprincess
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 6:03 PM

go get a plan b pill. duh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:33 PM

I know and my only option is keep it. I don't believe in abortion personally and adoption would  be a very last resort after I have exhausted all other options.

Quoting smushy79:

Then you have 3 options if prego.....keep it, abort it, or adoption.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting smushy79:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Too late for plan b duh. I am just waiting it out. I'll know either way come Friday.

Quoting mcclainprincess:

go get a plan b pill. duh.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN