Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The condom busted!! Advice please?? EDIT

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My fwb and I had sex earlier this morning and the condom busted. Yes, he came inside of me but seeing as that I'm on cycle day 22 of a usual 33 day cycle, should I be concerned about pregnancy? My LMP was November 4th. I don't do ovulation tests or chart, the only thing I do is track my cycle from month to month and sometimes I note the symptoms. According to most online ovulation calculators my O days would have been the 21st-25th. AF should be here next week on the 7th I think? Advice please?? Thanks ladies

Based on the information ABOVE what do you think my chances of pregnancy are?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:03 PM
Replies (21-30):
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Plan B.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemom1208
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:18 PM
It happened around midnight and I was at the pharmacy at 7am. But I think I was the exception, it wouldn't hurt to try it anyway. After it didn't work I went with plan c, worst mistake ever.

Quoting Anonymous:

How soon after having unprotected sex did you take it? Considering that my period is only a week away would it matter if I took it or not? Are you happy now that it didn't work?

Quoting singlemom1208:

Plan B. it didn't work for me though.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:18 PM

See I was thinking that too. If I've already ovulated which I think I did on like day 19 because of my discharge down there (sorry if TMI) then what good would taking Plan B do? My cycles are pretty regular now coming every 33-34 days or so.

Quoting So_Devious20:

You need to take it right now. Asap. And depending on how regular your cycles are, you have most likely already ovulated. Your egg probably isn't viable anymore.

Quoting Anonymous:

How soon after having unprotected sex did you take it? Considering that my period is only a week away would it matter if I took it or not? Are you happy now that it didn't work?

Quoting singlemom1208:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Oh mama I'm sorry. How far along were you? Apparently you regret it now. Have you had kids since then or was this recently?

Quoting singlemom1208:

It happened around midnight and I was at the pharmacy at 7am. But I think I was the exception, it wouldn't hurt to try it anyway. After it didn't work I went with plan c, worst mistake ever.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting singlemom1208:

deviljrswifey
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this
maybe if you have a FWB then be on birth control and use condoms. Because im sure a FWB isnt going to want a baby.

Quoting Anonymous:

He's not a random guy, he's my fwb and we've been sleeping together for the past 3 months.

Quoting Anonymous:

Stop sleeping with random guys?

Oh wait, that's a non slut thing to do.

Princesitamoni
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:21 PM
Youre O days are 22-25 and today is the 25th...unless youre okay with getting pregnant then i would continue chatting it up on cafe mom instead of going to get plan B. Us telling you the possibility of you getting pregnant isnt going to stop it from happening!!
singlemom1208
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:22 PM
None since then. Don't know if I ever want more. It's just something I have to live with. Not everyone feels the way I do about it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh mama I'm sorry. How far along were you? Apparently you regret it now. Have you had kids since then or was this recently?

Quoting singlemom1208:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting singlemom1208:

cryzmom
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:22 PM

the morning after pill is the safest bet.....good luck :)

Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Without c harting yoru basal body temperature you really can't determine the exact date of ovulation.  A normal luteal phase (time between ovulation and your period) is 10-16 days with 12-14 being average.  You're right within the window.  Also, the egg can live for 24-48 hours after ovulation and still be fertilized.

As others have mentioned plan b as there is not enough information above to accurately determine a percentage chance of pregnancy.  Also, plan B won't stop a pregnancy that has already implanted so do it soon if you wish to do it.

Quoting Anonymous:

My fwb and I had sex earlier this morning and the condom busted. Yes, he came inside of me but seeing as that I'm on cycle day 22 of a usual 33 day cycle, should I be concerned about pregnancy? My LMP was November 4th. I don't do ovulation tests or chart, the only thing I do is track my cycle from month to month and sometimes I note the symptoms. According to most online ovulation calculators my O days would have been the 21st-25th. AF should be here next week on the 7th I think? Advice please?? Thanks ladies

Based on the information ABOVE what do you think my chances of pregnancy are?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:25 PM

We do use condoms and have used them everytime we've had sex. This time it busted though.

Quoting deviljrswifey:

maybe if you have a FWB then be on birth control and use condoms. Because im sure a FWB isnt going to want a baby.

Quoting Anonymous:

He's not a random guy, he's my fwb and we've been sleeping together for the past 3 months.

Quoting Anonymous:

Stop sleeping with random guys?

Oh wait, that's a non slut thing to do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN