Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seriously..How can you go 9 whole months and not know youre pregnant

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Please inform me, I STILL find it hard to believe this is possible....
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Replies (11-20):
sheramom4
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

What always gets me when I watch things like "I didn't Know I was Pregnant" are the women who are doubled over in pain, bleeding, sick and they don't go to the doctor or ER until hours later and then deliver a baby. Umm, if I am that sick I m going to find out what is wrong, not hang out for 16 hours hoping it will go away.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:45 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Why do you care? Does it affect you?

I don't ...I don't have to care about something to wonder how it can happened .... why do you care?
mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Some people show Absolutely no signs or symptoms. My brothers ex(they were teens) didn't know til she was eight months along. She swam everyday and was very fit. She only gained 3lbs her entire pregnancy and got her "period" the entire time. She thought the slight movements were gas. Nothing ever triggered suspicion until she went into preterm labor which is when she found out. It real just because you can't grasp the possibility of it happening doesn't mean its not a real occurrence.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Becky.Mom.of.2
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Why do you care? Does it affect you?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:47 PM
I didnt know for 4 months. And im sure if i had have been checked for my uti i wouldnt have known til 8 months, thats when i actually developed a baby bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:47 PM
My sister was anorexic. Two of her (many) pregnancies, she didn't realize she was until around 7-8 months.
xtc88
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:48 PM
It happens. I didnt know i was pregnant. I didnt gain weight, had no cravings, no morning sickness and had a period every month. I had no signs of pregnancy. I had what i thought was severe stomach pain. It was a baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:49 PM
I know someone this happened to. She is tall and very lean so you'd think it would have been obvious. She is also an avid tennis player and missed periods all the time. She had no nausea or any other symptoms and played tennis the morning she had her baby. She started having stomach pains and thought she had food poisoning so her husband took her to the ER. They informed them she was pregnant through the results of her blood work. No one thought to do the ultrasound then because she did not look pregnant. I saw her the week before and can confirm that. Her baby was full term, normal, weight, and perfectly healthy. The frazzled husband had 24 hours to buy everything they needed LOL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wyldebtrfly
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:49 PM

My aunt did.With her third baby!
She was big to start, so never showed. She worked all the time, and walked/moved a lot,so she never noticed movements.
She always has a lot of pains and stuff due to other medical things going on, so never noticed things like back aches.
Her periods were always abnormal and she had bleeding every month or so during her pregnancy. She never really thought anything of it. One time during that 40 weeks her 'period' didn't come and she thought she would test, then the next day she got period-like bleeding so she never did. A few months later she had a baby. Surprise!

It's rare,but things happen. 

MotherOF5Cuties
by Abby on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Oh wow thats sad.. Did she show at all that she was prego?

Quoting Peaceful.chaos:

It happens. My mom's sister was told she was infertile so she went to the ER with stomach pain and had a baby that day. Sad thing is she was a drinker and her kid has FAS.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)