Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously..How can you go 9 whole months and not know youre pregnant

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Please inform me, I STILL find it hard to believe this is possible....
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Replies (21-30):
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:51 PM

I can't beleive it either.

nikkik526
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Heres my living proof, now 18 months old. I went past due without knowing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Not at all. She was short and chubby though. Her appearance never changed. She passed away a year or so ago and the dad was found dead in his home a couple days ago. The child was taken from them early on.

Quoting MotherOF5Cuties:

Oh wow thats sad.. Did she show at all that she was prego?

Quoting Peaceful.chaos:

It happens. My mom's sister was told she was infertile so she went to the ER with stomach pain and had a baby that day. Sad thing is she was a drinker and her kid has FAS.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gilbertgrl627
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Some women don't or won't have any symptoms, they won't show, and they might not even feel the baby move (or, if they do, they'll mistake it for gas pains). With my last one, even those I have 2 other kiddos (3 all together), I couldn't feel any movement from him until I was further along (closer to 20wks). It was just the way he was positioned.

I think some women are in denial, but there are still some who really have no idea. Once I did feel movement with DS2, though, it was quite obvious. My entire stomach would bounce around. He was a mover and a shaker as soon as he learned to kick in the womb. lol.

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:56 PM
My mother's cousin went to the hospital with severe stomach cramps, went home with a baby. Never knew she was pregnant. She was in her 40's, thought she was going through the change of life, as they called it back then.
emeraldangel2.0
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:57 PM

anyone who has been on the shot and is not used to regular cycles? possible

anyone who DOESNT know the signs of pregnancies, possible

Someone who does and doesn't show the signs, and isn't looking for them.

there are so many gray areas.

travelbunny
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:57 PM

If a woman has been told she can never have kids by a doctor then even if she has pregnancy symptons she may not believe she is pregnant.  After all would you suspect pregnany if your doctor told you that you would never be able t have children? 

A woman who is obese or overweight might miss periods or not have a period altogether so if she gets pregnant then she may not know she is pregnant since she wouldn't be able to tell with being fat and missed or non-existent periods are normal for her.

My parents didn't know mom was pregnant with me (mom was 16 and dad was 21) until dad got a call from the hospital saying his wife (mom and dad were never married or engaged) had just given birth while he was at work.  Mom never showed at all while she was pregnant with me.  I was born at EGA 24.5 weeks gestation.

Mom didn't know she was pregnant with my 10 year old brother until she was 6 months along.  Mom had been on the pill prior to getting pregnant with my brother and she suffered from anemia.  The only reason mom found out she was pregnant with my brother was because she went to the hosptal due to low iron counts in her blood.

Toxic.Stardust
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:58 PM

some people have no symptoms. Baby could be positioned towards the back so you don't have a bump. My sister didn't know she was pregnant until she went to the hospital for really bad cramps that turned out to be labor. I saw her a few weeks before that in a bikini and she had no belly at all

brittany208
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:00 PM

I used to think the same thing, til I watched that TV show. I guess if you had super irregular periods, didnt gain weight, thought you were infertile, or just started a new drug that explained any symptoms you did have it would be possible. I knew at 4.5 weeks with both of mine though.

JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:02 PM

No kidding.  LOL  After being sick as a dog the first half of pregnancy, now battling the constant heartburn, backache, rolling, squirming, punching, etc........

I wish I could have gone through pregnancy without knowing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured