Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seriously..How can you go 9 whole months and not know youre pregnant

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Please inform me, I STILL find it hard to believe this is possible....
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Replies (31-40):
m0mmyheather
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:02 PM
My sister goes to school with a girl who didn't know she was pregnant until seven months. I don't know if she was in denial or if she was dumb or just didn't show signs of pregnancy. I've seen her before though, and she's really skinny, so it's pretty crazy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MotherOF5Cuties
by Abby on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:02 PM
oh wow sorry to hear that

Quoting Peaceful.chaos:

Not at all. She was short and chubby though. Her appearance never changed. She passed away a year or so ago and the dad was found dead in his home a couple days ago. The child was taken from them early on.

Quoting MotherOF5Cuties:

Oh wow thats sad.. Did she show at all that she was prego?

Quoting Peaceful.chaos:

It happens. My mom's sister was told she was infertile so she went to the ER with stomach pain and had a baby that day. Sad thing is she was a drinker and her kid has FAS.

sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:19 PM

The SIL of a good friend of mine went 7 months before realizing she was pregnant. Is is morbidly obese and apparently it isn't uncommon for her to not have a period for several months. I can't remember exactly what symptoms prompted her to go to the DR, but she didn't even suspect pregnancy. She was married for years so it wasn't like she was some uneducated teen that didn't know or was trying to hide it.

kkps725
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:21 PM
Omg! I would PANIC if I made it to 50, thought I had a tumor, and then it kicked me!! LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't belive some of the stories either...but you never know. I talked to an ultrasound tech who had to inform a 50yr old woman she was pregnant, like 6+ months and she didn't know. She thought she had a tumor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vixcalamity
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Lol. We tried for 7 years to have kids. I would Go a year here, 8 mos there, with no period in sight. I still had hormonal things, sore breasts, irritation and pain. With both my pregnancies, my son and the one I'm carrying now, I knew before it even came back on a test. So yes, denial or they are full of it.
mkh615
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:24 PM

I have no idea. I'm sure it's possible but I found out with all three of mine between 3 and 4 weeks.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

angie729
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Happened to me with my last child. Let me see if I can find my post and I will post a link to the story. 

jlm2676
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:30 PM
With dd (my first) I didn't have any symptoms. We were trying so I tested a lot.
Dinimon
by NoCookiesForYou on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:32 PM
A friend of mine was 7 months when she found out.
She was TINY, and there was no bump or anything. Her sister later on told me she had to have a csection because her hips were too narrow.
angie729
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:56 PM

I didnt know with my last son. I was a lot bigger and had been off the depo shot for four years. Durring that four years I only had like three periods. I talked with the dr and he just pretty much blew me off. I decided to go on a diet. I went on a strick diet of 1100-1200 calories a day and exercise every day. In June I went down with my two boys to see my family. The night before coming back I couldnt breathe...so I used my sons inhaler and it was a bit better. I also never had a bowel movement the week we were out of town. I drove the 8 hours back home and told my husband I felt like crap and was constipated. I took a laxative and went to bed early that night. The next day the pain was worse..it was in my lower back only. I took more laxatives. By that night about midnight I was in extreme pain..but still only in my lower back. I told him I wanted to go to the er. He said no because no insuranceand he was not going to wake the boys to take me. He went to the living room to sleep and left me in the bedroom. A few hours later I felt a pop and since of relief and passed out. I came to a couple hours later and called him. His words were HOLY SHIT ITS A BABY!! He just stood there and I told him to go call an ambulance. The ambulance finally got there and took us to the hospital. Baby was blue and barely breathing when we got there. It took the drs 8 hours to get him stable to air flight him out to Children's Hospital. He had developed too many red blood cells and for the first week and half they did not think he was going to live. He was on the most invasive type vent they have. I was discharged from the hospital and developed a cough and the same breathing issues I had when I was visiting family. I started turning blue and gasping for air. I was rushed to the hospital where my bp was 190/125 and I had 1400 units of fluid on my lungs. I had developed postpartum cardiomyopathy. I couldnt go see my baby and was on my death bed. I spent a week in the hospital. During this time my aunt and uncle had come to stay and help with my boys. My husband showed his true colors of drug addictionduring this time and stayed high. Finally two weeks after being in NICU my son was being released. We went to get him and brought him home. I continued with my recovery. It was a long road dealing with a new baby and my health issues and problems with my husband. During the year I was recovering I had my eyes opened and realized I needed out and to get my boys out of the house with their dad. It was not a healthy environment and not safe. I made a plan and just before my baby turned 2 I left him. It was a long hard road but now happier than ever. If I had never experienced this I feel I would be stuck with a druggie in a loveless marriage. My baby is now a healthy 9 year old.

I look back and wonder if the strick diet I was on caused my health problems but will never be sure. As scary as it was to be told that women die from this every day Im grateful for it all.

Eli 1 week old..he weighed 9lbs10oz

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)