Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Race in dolls

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Do you buy dolls for your daughter that are the same race as you are?

I'm shopping for a Little Mommy Doctor doll for my daughter. I can ge them from Amazon for $50, free shipping. I found one on Ebay that the starting bid is only $10 and the shipping is $7. It is new in box, but the dolly is black. I hesitate to purchase it because I'm not sure if my daughter would perfer a dolly that looks like her or if she would even care if her dolly was dark skinned.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Replies (11-20):
brokenxxangel
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:04 PM

My daughter isn't really into dolls but she has a couple white and one black doll...don't really care what race it is, as long as its a cute doll!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Yes, she does play like she is their mommy. She is very blonde with blue eyes. All of her other dolls are white, but that is by chance. I have purchased all her dolls second hand up to this point. She has no other colored dolls so I don't know if she'll love this dolly as much. She will be 4 soon.

Quoting Anonymous:

Does she pretend she is their mommy? If so she may prefer one that looks more like her.

504bbymami
by Emerald Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:06 PM
I don't have any girls but when I was little I had some dolls that looked like me but I also liked having dolls with blue eyes and blonde hair an white skin. I had a good mix but my mom tells me I usually asked for "brown babies" lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter doesn't care about what race her dolls are. She has dolls of different races, I just go with whatever doll she picks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:09 PM

My daughter has dolls of all races. 

beeonit
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:10 PM
I usually buy whatever doll is wearing purple, because that's my daughters favorite color and what she really cares about!
b.futlz
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:10 PM

we are white and my dd has black babies.....i find nothing wrong with her having both races dolls

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

PerfectVirgo
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Eh. My girls don't care.
Daya81
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:12 PM

i'd just ask her. i'm mixed (blk n wht but darker), dh's white and youngest dd has really light skin. she usually gets white dolls but has a few blk ones and a chinese doll.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Okay. Or maybe I'll take her to the store and give her a choice between which dolly she would like better and if she grabs the white one, then i'll know.

Quoting Daya81:

i'd just ask her. i'm mixed (blk n wht but darker), dh's white and youngest dd has really light skin. she usually gets white dolls but has a few blk ones and a chinese doll.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)