Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Race in dolls

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Do you buy dolls for your daughter that are the same race as you are?

I'm shopping for a Little Mommy Doctor doll for my daughter. I can ge them from Amazon for $50, free shipping. I found one on Ebay that the starting bid is only $10 and the shipping is $7. It is new in box, but the dolly is black. I hesitate to purchase it because I'm not sure if my daughter would perfer a dolly that looks like her or if she would even care if her dolly was dark skinned.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:33 PM
She has dolls of many races. She has the princess dolls and they are not all white.
mitikusmom
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:35 PM

IDK.  We have black dolls, white dolls, a hispanic doll and an asian doll.  My daughter is black, I am white and her very favorite doll that travels with us and sleeps with her is the asian baby.  

nelliesmommy
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:37 PM
I know right. A real douchbag.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting nelliesmommy:

I'm black and I will buy my kids dolls of all races White, black, Dora. My kids are mixed. I bought my oldest a black doll once and my ex white husband got mad at me and said a comment about our kids not being black. Ummmm, stupid, they are half black though.

what an ass.. nice message to send his kids ..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:41 PM
Quoting nelliesmommy:

those are his kids. Wtf is wrong with him? I hope his whole family doesn't act that way. Makes me wonder if he thought he was superior to you in your relationship since he seem to think white is more right..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Well, I already got outbid on the item and will now cost the same as the white one through Amazon. LOL. That didn't take long!

xixCandyxix
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:02 PM

I really hope you 2 ladies mean that you bought your kids Dora dolls and are not using Dora as a race/ethincity. Because it is pretty rude to just call all Hispanics Dora.

My daughter loves all of her dolls-she has white, black, and Dora! She used to have an oriental baby doll, but she drew on her with marker.

I'm black and I will buy my kids dolls of all races White, black, Dora. My kids are mixed. I bought my oldest a black doll once

nelliesmommy
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:13 PM
He always felt superior for being white. He thinks he is better than other people because he has lots of money and owns a business. His family wasn't like that. I loved his mom. He is just a prick. I didn't know what I got myself into or else I never would have married the idiot or had kids with him. I don't know what is problem is but that shit really pissed me off because my daughter wanted it just like she wanted dora or a white doll.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting nelliesmommy:

those are his kids. Wtf is wrong with him? I hope his whole family doesn't act that way. Makes me wonder if he thought he was superior to you in your relationship since he seem to think white is more right..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:49 PM
Quoting nelliesmommy:

gaawdd.. nice combo.. racist, white and with money. I hate dudes that think I should be greatful they want me just bc they well off. Like that's supposed to be impressive and make me overlook youu have no personality. Glad you left ! Good luck!
nelliesmommy
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:50 PM
I'm glad too girl and thank you!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting nelliesmommy:

gaawdd.. nice combo.. racist, white and with money. I hate dudes that think I should be greatful they want me just bc they well off. Like that's supposed to be impressive and make me overlook youu have no personality. Glad you left ! Good luck!
Sagely
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:52 PM
I tend to get the "tan" ones for dd (she's mixed). But she has a Tiana doll and a Belle doll.

I'm really trying not to care or put that much thought into it. Maybe I should just let her pick and not worry about the demographics of her toys.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)