Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When is your LO no longer a baby?

Posted by   + Show Post
I've seen posts where people have argued "oh he's just a baby" when talking about a 4 year old. But then again I've seen people say "That's not a baby that's a toddler" referring to a 1 year old.

I know as moms our babies will always be our babies...

But what do you consider no longer a baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:04 PM
Replies (61-70):
hollydaze1974
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Absolutely nothing. It's just a quirky thing with me as kids are baby goats and I just can't equate my boys to goats in my own head (although they can act like animals at times) :-p
It's not offensive in the least, it just isn't a word I can use without my eye twitching. See? Pointless. :-)

Quoting jessi2girls:

okay.... and "kids" is offensive why???

Quoting hollydaze1974:

Quoting jessi2girls:

my kids will always be my babies.. lol. 

But after 2, is when I feel they are more toddlers instead of babies.. at 4 they are kids. 

Just gotta jump in with something completely pointless. I don't have "kids". I have children.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hollydaze1974
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Absolutely nothing. It's just a quirky thing with me as kids are baby goats and I just can't equate my boys to goats in my own head (although they can act like animals at times) :-p
It's not offensive in the least, it just isn't a word I can use without my eye twitching. See? Pointless. :-)

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting hollydaze1974:

Quoting jessi2girls:

But after 2, is when I feel they are more toddlers instead of babies.. at 4 they are kids. 

Just gotta jump in with something completely pointless. I don't have "kids". I have children.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:42 PM

LMAO, oh gosh.. I'm sorry you had to deal with such an idiotic argument from someone about that! 

Quoting achorney:

I totally agree- I'm just saying someone on here had this argument with me.

That's why I remember it. ;)

Quoting jessi2girls:

oh for fsakes!!! Seriously?!?! LMAO  Oh the things people choose to get offended by are laughable!

Dictionary definition of kid:

1-informal use of term: children

LMAO..

Quoting achorney:

Oh, i remember this argument!

Goats have kids.

People have children. 

Quoting jessi2girls:

Quoting hollydaze1974:

Quoting jessi2girls:

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:50 PM

I consider 2+ a toddler

MsRkg
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:52 PM

When he reached one. After that he was considered a toddler.

JoanahLee
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:54 PM

My just turned two year olds are on the verge of not being babies anymore.  I still rock them sometimes and carry them, but their faces are changing, they are learning to use the potty, and sometimes I look at them and see fat toddling little babies, and other times I get flashes of the big kids they are becoming!    I don't see my 3 year old as a baby at all, other than how I would still see him as 'my baby' at 10! 

Mama_Gleich
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:57 PM

I considered my son no longer a baby when he was able to tell me his basic needs, go to the bathroom without my help, and walk.

and that was at about 2.5 from then he was a toddler :) 

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:00 PM

At a year, I counsider them a toddler, at 3, I consider them a preschooler...but I consider them all, including the one who will be 21 in a few weeks, my babies :)

EmmaGlenn20
by Canadian Sweetheart on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:02 PM

My daughter is 14 months old and my husband and I sort of consider her to not be a baby anymore. She runs around like crazy and is becoming super independent, so I guess we consider her to be a toddler.

KeiraRose
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 11:02 PM

When she has great-grandchildren she's no longer a baby lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured