Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When is your LO no longer a baby?

Posted by   + Show Post
I've seen posts where people have argued "oh he's just a baby" when talking about a 4 year old. But then again I've seen people say "That's not a baby that's a toddler" referring to a 1 year old.

I know as moms our babies will always be our babies...

But what do you consider no longer a baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:04 PM
Replies (91-100):
sissyboogs
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:54 AM

They're toddlers when they start walking. 

That being said...my daughter started walking at 9 months...she was still a baby. And, I still refer to both of them as "baby" even though they are now 2 and 4, lol. 

CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:56 AM

My girls will turn 2 soon....I think of them as toddlers, and have since they began walking and getting into shit nonstop. 

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:48 PM

By age two, I consider them toddlers.  I mean, they are toddling around at that age, right?  LOL

I don't want my sons to always be my babies.  I look forward to watching them grow and develop into adults.  Sure some part of me will always remember their cute baby faces and that sweetness from cuddling up to their tiny bodies.  But they aren't always babies.  There will be new things to enjoy, like watching them graduate or get married, seeing them parent their own babies.  

keisha613
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I say age 3. 

DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:52 PM

My kids will always be my babies even when they're adults, but technically I don't consider them babies once they start walking. Then they're toddlers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:53 PM

My 6 year old is still my 'baby'.  Until their brains are fully grown, functional, and able to make rational decisions...they will be babies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:53 PM
2yrs I think
fallenstars
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:54 PM
To me up to about 18 months its baby. Then its mommas man (ds) or mommas little lady (ds) and I call them a toddler
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BambiF
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:54 PM

18 months.

livelaughlov26
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:54 PM
My sixteen month old will always be my baby. In my mind he doesn't look or act like a baby anymore though. He is more like a toddler. But I am not ready to refer to him as not being a baby yet.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured