Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Here's a weird question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Can a hermphrodite be considered gay or even transgendered?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:08 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:13 PM

LOL there was a tv report show about this subject- the "third sex".  Seems that in the 50's, parents would "chose" what they wanted, they would operate on the ambigous bits and try to raise their kid as the gender they thought....

But turns out it is better to LEAVE THEM BE.  To mutilate whatever genitals are present is just wrong wrong wrong.  Today we know to just leave them be- and nature will take it's course and at puberty the hormones will dominate one way or the other and they will just follow them along naturally.....

So I guess they are just what they are,  suppose neither gay or transgender- just what will come naturally as the hormones go into full swing.

blondie805
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:13 PM

HUH?????

CABZS
by Emerald Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:15 PM
They are neither, they will be who they are as they grow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
swmmra
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Yes, they have both parts, but genetically they will lean toward make or female. There will be one gender (or 2 if bi) that they will gravitate towards. So yes, can be gay. 

Transgender, yes, if the person has surgery and decided to go with the gender that they are not genetically inclined toward. So if they are genetically more female, but decide to go with male parts, they would then be considered trans. 

ferrellmt
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL there was a tv report show about this subject- the "third sex".  Seems that in the 50's, parents would "chose" what they wanted, they would operate on the ambigous bits and try to raise their kid as the gender they thought....

But turns out it is better to LEAVE THEM BE.  To mutilate whatever genitals are present is just wrong wrong wrong.  Today we know to just leave them be- and nature will take it's course and at puberty the hormones will dominate one way or the other and they will just follow them along naturally.....

So I guess they are just what they are,  suppose neither gay or transgender- just what will come naturally as the hormones go into full swing.

This is exactly right.

I have a friend, a woman, who was born with androgen insensitivity syndrome...she is female. and hetero.

Another friend of hers was born ambiguous...surgery was done to make them female, and she was always attracted to women...she eventually transitioned to male and is much more at home in his body...he should never have been operated on....he was always male, and suffered a great deal because of the surgery.

for more information go to www.interfaceproject.com

surgery on infants who have ambiguous genitalia should be outlawed!!

ferrellmt
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this

PS sexuality (hetero, homo, or bi) is secondary to gender IDENTITY...whether one is self identified at a male or a female....sexuality is NOT the issue...hormones, genitalia, sense of self IS>..

cueballsmom
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:41 PM
gay, yes. as they may feel like a woman and like women as well. trans? not so much I don't think.
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:42 PM

I think they are their own gender.

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

mgarze
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:47 PM

neither...They are lucky...he or she picks..ad how many of us can finger yourselves and jerk off at the same time....lol..j/k.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN