Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Could you live this kind of life style?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 78 Replies
Kody Brown, husband of four wives on the TLC reality show Sister Wives, may not want a new wife at this time, but, as the new season begins, will he be looking for one anyway?
Ads by Google
Children's Speech Story
A Truly Inspiration Book For Young Children. Buy Your Copy Online Now!
www.randomhouse.com
Watch TV Now
Instantly Watch TV Shows & Movies. Try It Free.
hulu.com/plus
Follow
Arts News Opinion
It is hard to fathom with all the stress, strife, and obvious discord taking a fourth wife has caused Kody Brown, patriarch of the polygamist family featured on the popular TLC reality show Sister Wives, that Brown would even consider taking on Wife #5.
But, would he?
"You guys have to understand,” Brown explained in a recent interview with talk show host Anderson Cooper, “that I answer to essentially a higher call. I'm part of an order, a church,” essentially placing the decision completely out of his hands. "So there is a situation where I feel I am maxed out and don't want to take another wife. I am not interested in that, but there is a requirement."
A requirement, he explains, of his fundamentalist Mormon faith, to take on numerous wives when directed, and, apparently, to have what most would consider, at the very least, an inconvenient number of children. But, one’s own desires on the subjects of wives and children does not matter, Brown insists.
"I answer to a higher calling, and if that requirement comes along and I have a choice in it, then I will do it,” Brown said. “But I would prefer not to.”
Multiple wives bring multiple problems

At the present time, Brown has four wives—Meri, Janelle, Christine and Robyn, in that order. All of the wives are mothers, and, between them, they have 17 children, the latest addition being baby Solomon, the product of Brown’s latest pairing with fourth wife Robyn.
Bringing wife number four into the family was, indeed, a family proposition, and one that has had its ups and downs. Robyn, much younger and quite attractive, left the older wives brooding and jealous at times, although they typically did not seem to want to rock the boat by admitting it. Later, however, Christine, in particular, did speak of the problems she has had, containing her jealousy toward the newest wife—an irony not lost, no doubt, on Meri and Janelle, who both experienced ambivalent feelings stirred up when their husband took on new wife number three, Christine. "Emotionally, for me, it was like… Janelle's relationship with Kody wasn't romantic, and so it was easier for me to accept,” Meri explained on Anderson. “His relationship with Christine was more romantic, and he cared about her much more, so I felt threatened." Christine, of course, is dealing with those very feelings for the first time, with the addition of Robyn. And, as viewers will learn this season, Christine’s jealousies are not a thing of the past—and the strife it is causing on her and Kody’s marital bond may well be at the breaking point.
It does seem unlikely, however, that Kody would have the stamina for bringing yet another wife into the mix at this point, given not only the jealousies still stirring at the moment, but also the problems the family has had in moving to Las Vegas from Utah. The threat of legal challenges to their lifestyle choice seems ever-present, but just practical problems, like trying to keep a family together while the wives and their respective children are living in separate houses, while Kody bounces haphazardly between them from day to day, not only still exist, but appear to be growing.

Could you?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:07 PM

No. I don't share my partner.

Lindsey24
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this
hell no! im a jealous bitch. my husband is mine and ONLY MINE.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
So.Ill.Mama
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:08 PM
Nope.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angie729
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:12 PM

No I could never live that lifestyle. I wonder how much income he has to support that many children and households.

danie24
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:15 PM

I wouldn't mind having another husband.

Watching two sexy men do manly things around the house instead of just one..

The extra income.. we'd be rich!

And imagine the kinky sex! Oh what I'd give for a 3some with two gorgous guys.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:24 PM
I could never do it, if I had to share my husband, I would feel.,. Betrayed, and hurt that he actually felt he wanted or needed more than
Just me.
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:25 PM

No it's silly.

YzmaRocks
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:26 PM
No, I have no desire to do that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
I.am.Betty
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:30 PM
I could never share my husband with another woman
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:31 PM
2 moms liked this

No, nor do I think it's healthy for others.

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN