Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

she made my dd do "the chair"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 448 Replies
1 mom liked this
Dd stayed over at a friends for a slumber party. Dd is 7. when I went to pick her up today I noticed dd wasn't with the other kids at the table eating a snack. When I asked where she was the mom (v) said "oh she ran through the house a while ago so I'm making her do the chair." The chair? Its where dd had to put her back against the wall, bend at her knees like sitting in a chair and hold her arms out with a stack of books on her hands. I flipped the hell out! I understand she shouldn't have been running but really? She could have sat in time out or stood in the corner like a normal child not had to do that. She was crying her eyes out and you could tell she had been there for a while. She will never go back there EVER. My grandmother says I'm over reacting, what do you think? What would you have done?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:37 PM
17 moms liked this

She was wrong, end of story. Don't let your child go back.

taramac
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:37 PM
9 moms liked this
I would have been pissed too! That's a pretty extreme punishment especially for a child that is not your own.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:37 PM
9 moms liked this
I like the idea. Sorry. I bet her kids don't run. There's MUCH worse punishment.

I should add that I don't think its ok to punish another persons child. I'd do that to my own, but if someone did it do mine id be unhappy they punished my child.
piratehooker
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:38 PM
3 moms liked this

hell no not overreacting.  I would beat a bitches ass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Oh trust me she won't be.

Quoting Anonymous:

She was wrong, end of story. Don't let your child go back.

MamaSwan001
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:38 PM
5 moms liked this

I think you and her should have spoken about how she and you punish to have advoided this, I find the chair punishment not bad and a good exersice but I find it wrong to punish a child like that without the parent knowing and for such a small offense

hootowl21
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:38 PM
4 moms liked this
I think the idea is ok for their own kids. But I'd never do something like that to someone else's.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:38 PM
3 moms liked this
I would have went off. That is horrible. I do not blame you. That was uncalled for.
GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:39 PM
2 moms liked this
That's crossing a MAJOR line. If your dd was being so misbehaved you should've been called.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:39 PM
6 moms liked this
Meh... Maybe your daughter needed Some discipline. It isn't like she spanked her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN