Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if you choose not to eat dinner, you dont eat.

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:50 PM
  • 276 Replies
10 moms liked this
At my house, if you choose not to eat, you don't eat. Period. No sandwhiches, nothing. Some kids are catered to beyond belief with this. She didn't want spaghetti? She got Bacon and eggs. She didn't want Shepard's Pie? Sandwhich. Why the fuck would you do that?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Melbornj
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't.

Shelly9891
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:53 PM

it's the same way in my house. If I make dinner, it's what I make that is for dinner. No if and or butts. That rule even aplies to my boyfriend and I we eat what is made or we don't. It sets the example for the kids. "No I might not like this but I'm going to eat it because I don't want to go without."

angevil53
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Not at my house. No snacks either til food is gone
emandab
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:53 PM
My dds are 3 and 4. They know if they don't eat dinner they not only don't get a snack they also don't get another meal.
diamondgyal16
by Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this

i wouldn't. i think it's way for them to have one over on you. my son is only 2 and he doesnt get away with it. eventually he gets hungry enough and he eats the food. im not gonna burn myself out to make different kinds of meals. eat what i make or prepare or you dont eat.

Sex toys - EdenFantasys adult toys store

areyouatroll
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I make something we all like and a variety of things. Between having 2-3 vegetables, 1-2 fruits, a small protein, a small carb, there should be something for everyone. I'm sure you are not describing your whole dinner though...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjbennett26
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Im the same as you.
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:54 PM
I agree. Eat what's put before you.
jillbailey26
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:54 PM

I do it because if they don't eat, they're throwing up by the time morning comes around.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Pnukey
by Jenn on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

If they don't like what I make, they have to make their own. They are 7 and 12 and can toss together a bowl or cereal or something. The 7 year old needs to gain weight, so whatever he'll eat, he eats.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)