Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

God Cant Give You More Than You Can Handle?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

This is a conversation i just had with my cousin whose mom was killed last night. 

Me and her were talking cuz she also lost her uncle 1 month and 1 day ago.  And a few years ago she lost ehr brother to suicide. 

So as we were talking she tells me  "god wouldnt give you anymore than you can handle". and this is my response

me: i would agree with that but i cant

her: ?

me: if you think about life. if people could handle what was given to them, why do some commit suicide? Why do some of them turn to drugs? Alcohol? Now not everyone turns to this stuff when faced with hard times, but there are alot that do and they dont come back. does that make sense?

her: Yeah I can understand where your coming from

me: there are people who can handle it but then there are people who cant. If people do take the time to stop and think about what they are going through and sit down and breathe then maybe yes. but not everyone can do that. Also there are those people who are going through so much and people do say "god wouldnt give you anymore than you can handle" but im reality yes he would. trial and tribulation. its his way of seeing what you can and cant handle and if you are strong enough to "come back" from it so to speak. And when someone is going through alot, really the last thing they probably want to hear is "god wouldnt give you anymore than you can handle", and i say this because (and i am not a christian but i do believe in higher powers, no one knows what they are thinking or what they have planned for someone in this life or the next life. does that make sense?

her: Yeah I see what your saying

me: i think you are the first one who does.  lol

her: Lol. Really?

me: yea really

her: Oh wow

me: im friends with alot of Christians(and i have no problem with the christian religion mind you) but alot of christians dont want to see anything from a different point of view. Not all christians are like that but alot that i have come across are

her: yeah i know what you meanl 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:04 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:18 PM

my cousin was a believer.  he did turn to drugs after being molested and his mother doing nothing to help him. He was getting clean in a psych center but it was all to much for him. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Yea kind of what was said above, did these people that took their own lives, or turn to drugs etc.. were they even believers to begin with? So Idk if I agree or disagree

mariesmama
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:18 PM

god wants you to turn to Him when he gives you more than you can handle  it says in the bible: "i can do all things through HIM that gives me stregnth"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:19 PM

so you think ANYONE can handle anything? regardless of what is happening to them or has happened or continue to happen?

Quoting Anonymous:

God gave us free will. you CHOOSE to handle it or run and hide.

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:19 PM
I'm confused by your question.

Quoting Anonymous:

so you believe everyone can handle the same thing? everyone can come through ontop without problems?

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Disagree. While I do believe god has a part in everything we do, I completly disagree that he has the power/will to change our futures. He give us the tools, if we fuck it up, oh well.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Beautiful31mom
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I believe that If God brings you to it, he will bring you through it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:23 PM

you think god can solve everything?  turning to god?  im not saying having faith doesnt help, but there is alot more to lifes problems then god.  

At the same time, no MORTAL can say what god is thinking or not thinking. No MORTAL should  say, "god wouldnt give this to you if you couldnt handle it" and then watch as the person is drowing, so to speak in problems. 

It is possible that god wants the person in the afterlife for a reason and that is why certain people are given so much they cant handle

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Quoting Anonymous:

so you believe everyone can handle the same thing? everyone can come through ontop without problems?

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Disagree. While I do believe god has a part in everything we do, I completly disagree that he has the power/will to change our futures. He give us the tools, if we fuck it up, oh well.

XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:23 PM
I wish that was true in my moms case. She was religious but yet she committed suicide last month. Im not going to get into a pissing match about God. Right now I am extremely angry and bitter because of my moms suicide am not in the mood. I have lost my faith right now in a lot of things because of my mothers death and other major life issues I've been through since late September.

Quoting Anonymous:

I disagree.

With God, ALL things are possible.

Did those people who committed suicide turn to God, or to other things when life got rough? Turning to drugs and alcohol only makes things worse. The only way to get through some things is to walk with God.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:24 PM

darling i am sorry for your loss. I wish i had the words to ease the pain in your heart. 

Quoting XoXo.Nikki.XoXo:

I wish that was true in my moms case. She was religious but yet she committed suicide last month. Im not going to get into a pissing match about God. Right now I am extremely angry and bitter because of my moms suicide am not in the mood. I have lost my faith right now in a lot of things because of my mothers death and other major life issues I've been through since late September.

Quoting Anonymous:

I disagree.

With God, ALL things are possible.

Did those people who committed suicide turn to God, or to other things when life got rough? Turning to drugs and alcohol only makes things worse. The only way to get through some things is to walk with God.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Nobody deals with EVERY problem possible, which seems to be what you're implying. We each have our own trials and tribulations. I do believe that you are CAPABLE of handling it but CHOOSE not to, yes. (general "you")

Quoting Anonymous:

so you think ANYONE can handle anything? regardless of what is happening to them or has happened or continue to happen?

Quoting Anonymous:

God gave us free will. you CHOOSE to handle it or run and hide.

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:26 PM
I don't think you read what I said. I said the completle opposite.

Quoting Anonymous:

you think god can solve everything?  turning to god?  im not saying having faith doesnt help, but there is alot more to lifes problems then god.  

At the same time, no MORTAL can say what god is thinking or not thinking. No MORTAL should  say, "god wouldnt give this to you if you couldnt handle it" and then watch as the person is drowing, so to speak in problems. 

It is possible that god wants the person in the afterlife for a reason and that is why certain people are given so much they cant handle

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN