Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What Are Your Kids Reading?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm always looking for good books to turn my kids onto. Right now my kids are reading-

Four year old son (almost five)- Finished Leonardo da Vinci from the Magic Treehouse Series tonight

Ten year old brother (I'm the guardian of my siblings)- To Kill a Mockingbird

13 year old sister- A Tale of Two Cities

17 year old brother- The Great Gatsby

and I read our (almost) month old son Stellaluna tonight.

What are your kids reading?

Also, our church is having a book sale, people from all over town donated books, the church is selling them and the profits go to charities, each of the kids are getting three books for Christmas and we have the books for all of the kids except for our four year old, who will be turning five five days after Christmas. So far we got him Leonardo da Vinci's Journal of Inventions which is a pop up book of his inventions and sketches, but we are looking for two more reading books as well, we wanted two more reading books as well. Theres one that we are considering called The Tree of Life: A Book Depicting the Life of Charles Darwin: Naturalist, Geologist & Thinker, we would probably have to read it with him because it's a little more difficult and dense then what he's used to but he loves science so we know he would like it, and we are looking for one more book, something that's more "fun." He can read basic childrens chapter books, like Little House on the Prarie and Magic Treehouse, but has trouble with books with larger more complicated words. It's okay if it has some more challenging language, we can help him along, just not anything too tough. He likes chapter books that he can read on his own. Any suggestion and have you read the other two that we are getting him?

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Wanna Midol?

Quoting Anonymous:

Wanna cookie? :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WesternNYmom
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this

My son loves these books too.

Quoting KeimUNCmomof3:

My children are reading Leap Frog Tag books for ages 4-7.  They are 3 & almost 5.

LucyHarper
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:12 AM

My brother loved that one.

Quoting TaralynnStewart:

My 10y/o DD is reading Hoot, I believe.

AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:12 AM
My six year old is reading - Ben and Me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:13 AM

No, but a beer would be nice.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wanna Midol?

Quoting Anonymous:

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:14 AM
I have no clue what my 14 year old is reading. She's supposed to be reading great expectations for school but says its booooorring! I don't really pay attention to what's she reads in her free time she's always at the library and usually reading several books at once. My 12 year old is reading Harry potter again and my 8 year old is almost done with the diary of a Whimpy kid series. My 6 and 4 year old read what ever they feel like that day or i read to them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:14 AM

I'm not jealous. She just came off as boastful and haughty. Just calling it like it is...

Quoting Anonymous:

So? How does it affect you other than jealousy?

Quoting Anonymous:

No. It just sounds like she comes off as if she is bragging, listing such high end literature and then talking about charities and a book about the life of Charles Darwin? The ladies here may have their kids reading Captain Underpants at best. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol jealous much?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:17 AM
You could use the Midol a bit more but what the hell, why not just mix alcohol and meds? You need something heavy to take the edge off.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Wanna Midol?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:17 AM

LOL bite me.

Quoting Anonymous:

You could use the Midol a bit more but what the hell, why not just mix alcohol and meds? You need something heavy to take the edge off.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Wanna Midol?

Quoting Anonymous:

LucyHarper
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:18 AM

I'm not boasting, just telling it like it is. Sorry if my kids read too well for your liking.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not jealous. She just came off as boastful and haughty. Just calling it like it is...

Quoting Anonymous:

So? How does it affect you other than jealousy?

Quoting Anonymous:

No. It just sounds like she comes off as if she is bragging, listing such high end literature and then talking about charities and a book about the life of Charles Darwin? The ladies here may have their kids reading Captain Underpants at best. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol jealous much?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)