Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my dil is in labor and i didnt even know she was pregnant*edit*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 225 Replies

so my son and dil came for thanksgiving and i noticed my dil was a little chubby in the face but i didnt think anything because she bloats easy(temp change,altitude change,period ect.)anyway so they were down for thanksgiving and she was wearing my sons over sized jacket, she wouldnt take it off and just said she was cold every time we asked why she was wearing the jacket. the next day we go hiking and my sons helping her more then normal i just assumed she hurt her ankle chasing after my grandson or something,and shes still wearing the jacket.

i get a call this morning and its my son sounding really nervous, his voice is shakey and he just says "mom kat is in the hospital, she's having another baby" and he hung up. he then started texting his fathers phone explaining(he was to nervous to tell me over the phone) he says my dil's labor started on the drive to my house, it "went away" after dinner, and she seemed to be fine on the beginning of the hike but by the end when we were walking back to the car it started back up again.apperently shes been in the hospital since saturday afternoon with contractions, and is still in labor as im typing this. im honestly in shock right now, this is the second pregnancy they tried to hide from us, the first one she was only able to hide for 26 weeks. so again were just waiting for that call telling us shes had the baby, its only been 15 months since our grandson was born.

im honestly dissappointed in my son, and slightly ashamed that i have 2 grandchildren from my son who barley turned 21, i can only imagine how my dil's family feels since they all wanted her to abort my first grandbaby 

edit***my dil had the baby(its a girl!!) at 6:40 this morning,9 pounds 7 ounces and 20 inches long, i have no pictures yet since we have to drive 5 hours to see them

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:24 AM

bump

areyouatroll
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:24 AM
Why do they even come to see you guys? They sound too nice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Miller11
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:25 AM
11 moms liked this
How the hell was she able to hide a pregnancy at all?! I have never understood that. How did she manage to hide 2 pregnancies? And I think the bigger issue is why they felt the need to hide them
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:25 AM
20 moms liked this

You're lucky they even told you she was in the hospital. If you are telling us here that you are ashamed, how are you treating them?

Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:25 AM
2 moms liked this
I dont get why they would hide it....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AF2011
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Dang. His 21 and already has 3 kids?! That's horrible. Why would they hide it from you? That's not good either. 

EAzizM
by Erica on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:27 AM
Why did they want to hide it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Maria_Peanut
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Right ?

They're adults. As long as they can afford it, why not ?

Quoting Matriarch87:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:28 AM
15 moms liked this
Apparently because his parents are judgemental pricks.

Quoting Matriarch87:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:28 AM
4 moms liked this
I would hide it too if I was YOUR dil! You seem like a judgmental bitch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)