Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I abnormal or do all women know this? Edit in red

Posted by   + Show Post

I just turned 26 and don't know what some terms like cervix means. I was just never taught and never asked anyone.  How do you all know what everything is?

I didn't learn any of this in school. In middle school we learned about getting our "special friend" and how to use a pad.  High school biology taught us the internal organs of frogs...

While I was pregnant, my ob did say at the end how dilated my cervix was.  I know what dilation means and I know where the babies head comes out, so I just figured.

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:39 AM
Replies (11-20):
crazymom21
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:49 AM
Hmmmm I learned in high school. It was in a special class though. I took all the medical ones offered. Even became a certified nursing home nurse(some reason the actual title eludes me this morning lol) I agree knowledge is power.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rileyscute
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:50 AM

I went to a country school back in the 80's (seriously biggest thing going was the Pork festival..lol)...not only did we have it in health, we had sex ed...we even had to draw and label the parts

Quoting singlemom1208:

I took sex Ed classes in elementary, middle and high school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:50 AM

I honestly didn't know until I had DS. Though I do think it's surprising you don't know since you have had kids....and your troll....makes you seem like a dude.

TheMrs407
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:51 AM

I learned from Sex Ed, my mom and a few friends.

mamabear55
by sweetheart on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:51 AM

Quoting singlemom1208:

I took sex Ed classes in elementary, middle and high school.

You had it in elementary and middle school?

Our sex Ed course in high school taught of us sperm and the egg. And they gave us condoms, lol

Liz.Sisk
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:51 AM
,I learned human anatomy in medical class. I also learned how to check it during pregnancy after I went into premature labor.

Quoting mamabear55:

I just turned 26 and don't know what some terms like cervix means. I was just never taught and never asked anyone.  How do you all know what everything is?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:52 AM
I had sex Ed a few times and basic and ap anatomy in highschool then more anatomy in college. We went over it, a lot.
Syphon
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm really shocked by this.  I have known what a cervix is since before I even I started going to a gynecologist.  Did you not take biology in school?  Or health?

AleaKat
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:53 AM
Google!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoahandEliza
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:54 AM
I know what and where my parts are, but I have no idea how to track ovulation without just buying the tests.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured