Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I abnormal or do all women know this? Edit in red

Posted by   + Show Post

I just turned 26 and don't know what some terms like cervix means. I was just never taught and never asked anyone.  How do you all know what everything is?

I didn't learn any of this in school. In middle school we learned about getting our "special friend" and how to use a pad.  High school biology taught us the internal organs of frogs...

While I was pregnant, my ob did say at the end how dilated my cervix was.  I know what dilation means and I know where the babies head comes out, so I just figured.

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:39 AM
Replies (21-30):
TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:54 AM

Quoting mamabear55:

Quoting singlemom1208:

I took sex Ed classes in elementary, middle and high school.

You had it in elementary and middle school?

Our sex Ed course in high school taught of us sperm and the egg. And they gave us condoms, lol

We had the "period talk" in elementary school and the birth video (forget the name-but it's a bit infamous) in middle school.

mamabear55
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:54 AM

I know what my uterus is of course. My Fallopian tubes and ovaries, but I just don't know the terminology of anything else.  My troll?

Quoting Anonymous:

I honestly didn't know until I had DS. Though I do think it's surprising you don't know since you have had kids....and your troll....makes you seem like a dude.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:55 AM
My parents refused to let me participate. I had to sit in an empty classroom and read while the other kids had sex ed.

Quoting haunted.mommy:

It's called middle school health class.

sam12796
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:56 AM

I learned it in 6fh grade health class. Also when my mom had the talk with me when I was 11 she drew a very detailed sketch of the female reproductive organs and all else to go around it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:56 AM
1 mom liked this

typo...you troll.  how do you have kids and not know your cervix is dilated or effaced?

Quoting mamabear55:

I know what my uterus is of course. My Fallopian tubes and ovaries, but I just don't know the terminology of anything else.  My troll?

Quoting Anonymous:

I honestly didn't know until I had DS. Though I do think it's surprising you don't know since you have had kids....and your troll....makes you seem like a dude.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:56 AM

Health class covers the female reproductive system in like 6th grade. Maybe 7th. 

mamabear55
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:57 AM
1 mom liked this

In biology we dissected a frog; in health we learned the 4 food groups. I never went to the Gino until I got married and they just gave me a pap and bc pills

Quoting Syphon:

I'm really shocked by this.  I have known what a cervix is since before I even I started going to a gynecologist.  Did you not take biology in school?  Or health?

helema24
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:57 AM

public school.....and my mom.

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. reply[]

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:58 AM

Quoting brandie1470:

Google teaches me everything. I am 25. I think it might just be our generation. I didnt learn any of that stuff either

It is just your generation. I amin my early 50's and was taught that in health class and biology. In high school.

mamabear55
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:00 AM

I don't troll.

I thought the cervix was the opening of your vagina where the head comes out. I also though that was where you put tampons, but apparently I was wrong

Quoting Anonymous:

typo...you troll.  how do you have kids and not know your cervix is dilated or effaced?

Quoting mamabear55:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN