Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I abnormal or do all women know this? Edit in red

Posted by   + Show Post

I just turned 26 and don't know what some terms like cervix means. I was just never taught and never asked anyone.  How do you all know what everything is?

I didn't learn any of this in school. In middle school we learned about getting our "special friend" and how to use a pad.  High school biology taught us the internal organs of frogs...

While I was pregnant, my ob did say at the end how dilated my cervix was.  I know what dilation means and I know where the babies head comes out, so I just figured.

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 6:39 AM
Replies (361-365):
La_Vie_en_R0se
by Gold Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:02 AM

I thought everyone knew this?  Just inform yourself, google female anatamy and you can read and look at diagrams.  It is always important to understan how your body works. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:16 AM
When I was 13 my sister took me to a library and showed me all kinds of sex ed and puberty books. My mom was too shy to talk about that sort of thing so my sister answered all of my questions. She was 23 at the time.
bri2011
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 9:30 AM
No it was aftr the whole labor part, like while I was in the recovery room hrs aftr delivering the lil one. My cervix dropped, I forget the medical term. It happens just not that often.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ummmm your cervix does not come out... that was your placenta ...

Quoting bri2011:

O.o ooohhh I knew what a cervix was..just didn't know what it actually look like. Well u know aftr u have a baby, u take that first pee...something slowly was coming out of my vag! I was freaking out thinking lord knows what I was giving birth too and how cld the drs have not known something else was in my tummy! Freaking out I tell you! The poor nurse was telling me to calm down..that's just ur cervix. Lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:48 AM
I couldn't figuree out what she meant. That the doctor should of known something else was up there. Maybe placenta wasn't the right term but pretty sure cervix wasn't either...

Quoting spooky415:

I don't think the placenta should have been coming out when she urinated...my midwife actually had me 'deliver' the placenta a few minutes after my son was born.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting bri2011:

O.o ooohhh I knew what a cervix was..just didn't know what it actually look like. Well u know aftr u have a baby, u take that first pee...something slowly was coming out of my vag! I was freaking out thinking lord knows what I was giving birth too and how cld the drs have not known something else was in my tummy! Freaking out I tell you! The poor nurse was telling me to calm down..that's just ur cervix. Lol.

spooky415
Holidays: Exciting for kids. Exhausting for parents.
Today at 1:24 AM
by Ruby Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:53 AM
it was probably just some more afterbirth.

Quoting Anonymous:

I couldn't figuree out what she meant. That the doctor should of known something else was up there. Maybe placenta wasn't the right term but pretty sure cervix wasn't either...

Quoting spooky415:

I don't think the placenta should have been coming out when she urinated...my midwife actually had me 'deliver' the placenta a few minutes after my son was born.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting bri2011:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured