Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

C-Section moms....is it a risk you take?

Posted by   + Show Post
Does the doctor let you know he might cut the baby? My sister had an emergency c section and the doctor cut the babies cheek. I was just wondering how common this was?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:46 AM
Replies (11-20):
MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:53 AM
That's really messed up. =/

Quoting Anonymous:

My first was an emergency c-section. They refused to give me time to review the paperwork before making me sign it. My second one was a forced c-section because my first one. Again, at registration, they wouldn't give me the time to read everything. She kept telling me "I don't have time for this. I just need you to sign the consent to treat forms". So I don't know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:54 AM

No.  I had more complications being pregnant than I did with the c-section.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

stacefaceninja

it was in the paperwork I got when I had DD. I must confess...I wasn't nearly as worried about that as I was about shitting on myself. ( I didn't by the way...I had an emergency c-section too) Hope your neice is ok:( Poor baby:(

Starr1089
Ive had 3 and thats never happened to me. Its probably in the papers somewhere.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandie1470
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I have thought about this before. It didnt happen to me or anyone I know though

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Needless to say, I'm not very pleased with either one of my "birthing" experiences. My first was an "emergency" c-section because the dr didn't want to wait for me to go into labor. He was trying to induce me early and what he tried first didn't work so he claimed her heartrate (after 12 hrs and the medication removed) was all over the place. I was watching the monitor. Her hr was steady at 155-160. Then to be told with my 2nd I must have a c-section because my 1st was just sent me over the edge.

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

Quoting Anonymous:

My first was an emergency c-section. They refused to give me time to review the paperwork before making me sign it. My second one was a forced c-section because my first one. Again, at registration, they wouldn't give me the time to read everything. She kept telling me "I don't have time for this. I just need you to sign the consent to treat forms". So I don't know.
MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:57 AM
Oh its a nephew. 9.9 lbs of chubbyness. :) Yeah I think everyone who goes in to labor worries about that but then once your ready to push you really don't care lol.

Quoting stacefaceninja:

it was in the paperwork I got when I had DD. I must confess...I wasn't nearly as worried about that as I was about shitting on myself. ( I didn't by the way...I had an emergency c-section too) Hope your neice is ok:( Poor baby:(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tarakay0417
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:59 AM
My baby wasn't cut during my c-section.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Yeah her water broke in the morning and since she was dilating fast enough he gave her Pitocin which caused her a lot of pain and need for an epidural which in turn slowed her labor down.

Quoting Anonymous:

Needless to say, I'm not very pleased with either one of my "birthing" experiences. My first was an "emergency" c-section because the dr didn't want to wait for me to go into labor. He was trying to induce me early and what he tried first didn't work so he claimed her heartrate (after 12 hrs and the medication removed) was all over the place. I was watching the monitor. Her hr was steady at 155-160. Then to be told with my 2nd I must have a c-section because my 1st was just sent me over the edge.

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoahandEliza
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:01 AM
Like everyone said, it's it the papers, but it wasn't one of the things they went over with me. They weren't all out and proud with the details. They basically just told me about the risk of "complications" that comes with any surgery.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)