Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

C-Section moms....is it a risk you take?

Posted by   + Show Post
Does the doctor let you know he might cut the baby? My sister had an emergency c section and the doctor cut the babies cheek. I was just wondering how common this was?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:46 AM
Replies (41-50):
Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:33 AM

I've had three c sections and never had anything bad happen to my children at all.

athiareece
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:34 AM
i am pretty sure my docotor used tool that burned the incision open, not a knive. but i guess there is also a chance baby could get burned too...good question. not sure.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrs.bledsoe
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:34 AM

No idea....I had an emergency c-section and they didnt cut my son. They didnt say anything beforehand and because it was an emergency I hadnt even got to sign all the papers yet lol. How bad was his cheek cut?

Queen_Sheila
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:38 AM
I almost had to have an emergency one, but they didn't have me sign any papers, his heart rate as dropping and they rushed me into the operating room. Thankfully I was able to deliver him and he was ok, the cord was wrapped around his neck.

Quoting Anonymous:

My first was an emergency c-section. They refused to give me time to review the paperwork before making me sign it. My second one was a forced c-section because my first one. Again, at registration, they wouldn't give me the time to read everything. She kept telling me "I don't have time for this. I just need you to sign the consent to treat forms". So I don't know.

nverheyn2011
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I don't think the doc told me anything like that when I had my emergency c-section.

It might have been because dd was still breach at 34 weeks. Or he was more focused on getting dd out because there was no fluid left at all. Or that I was already hyperventilating from the idea of having a c-section and he didn't want to push me over the edge.

*Shrug*

dd did have to be resucitated when she was delivered. she was 3.9 lbs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:41 AM
That is so much more common than people think. Drs fail to tell us that. They make a huge deal of it in the end, but it had probably been like that most of the pregnancy. I know it was for both of my girls. Almost all my u/s showed it. They weren't worried about it because it wasn't tight. The u/s techs said its really common.

Quoting Queen_Sheila:

I almost had to have an emergency one, but they didn't have me sign any papers, his heart rate as dropping and they rushed me into the operating room. Thankfully I was able to deliver him and he was ok, the cord was wrapped around his neck.

Quoting Anonymous:

My first was an emergency c-section. They refused to give me time to review the paperwork before making me sign it. My second one was a forced c-section because my first one. Again, at registration, they wouldn't give me the time to read everything. She kept telling me "I don't have time for this. I just need you to sign the consent to treat forms". So I don't know.

singlemama0905
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:41 AM
I guess I really haven't thought about it... I'm sure the paperwork I signed for my son said something about it...but after 36 hours of labor I don't remember any of that...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:41 AM
There are risks to a vaginal delivery as well.. Did you know the baby can get stuck in the birth canal?I'm sure a foreceps or vacuum delivery has risks too..
mommylizTB2809
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:42 AM

I had c-s my daughter was fine. good luck

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:43 AM
I honestly never had that thought:( no c's here so bump!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured