Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my confession

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

When my nephew was born I was at my sisters house every single day helping her care for him because her df is useless. plus, she is very insecure and uncomfortable with her ds. When she went back to work at 6 weeks i became his full-time nanny, about 50 hours a week. I also go over her house a few nights a week to spend time with her, and always end up taking full responsibility for my nephew. i love him like my own. The problem is I feel guilty because i want him to have all of his "firsts' with me. i know that is terrible but i hate missing things with him, as i would with my own children. Am i a bad sister because i secretly want this!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:30 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:33 AM

bump

AleaKat
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:35 AM

No not at all. When my sister had her first it was with a guy that turned out to be married with 5 kids. He wanted nothing to do with them and my already bipolar sister spiraled into a deep depression. She drank a lot and bar hopped every weekend and was always hung over and out with friends after her son was born premie at 4 pounds.
I was in high school and I basically raised my nephew for the first 18 months if his life. When I graduated and moved out he tried to sneak onto my uhaul to leave with me. It broke my heart! She found a good man and turned herself around for the most part. He is 8 years old now and extremely gifted and smart. I miss him so much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:36 AM
No. Honestly my sister isn't the best mother and I've done a lot of mothering for my niece. I taught her to walk and talk. There was a point when she would call me mom cause I did things with her and talked to her. She cries when I leave and runs to me when she sees me. I love her as much as I love my son. You're not a bad sister you just have a strong bond with your nephew.
TrulyMicka
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:37 AM

lol no...bc your attached & human..you love your nephew! Just dont try anything crazy...like taking him from her or trying to keep her out of it! good for you stepping up & helping...just please dont get psycho!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Quoting AleaKat:

No not at all. When my sister had her first it was with a guy that turned out to be married with 5 kids. He wanted nothing to do with them and my already bipolar sister spiraled into a deep depression. She drank a lot and bar hopped every weekend and was always hung over and out with friends after her son was born premie at 4 pounds.
I was in high school and I basically raised my nephew for the first 18 months if his life. When I graduated and moved out he tried to sneak onto my uhaul to leave with me. It broke my heart! She found a good man and turned herself around for the most part. He is 8 years old now and extremely gifted and smart. I miss him so much.

She does try, but she just doesn't have that maternal instinct. today she dropped him off and said he only has a little formula and that's all we have till wic so try to give him less and just do juice or water. that upset me, i am not going to reduce his food intake because she doesn't feel like spending money on a can of formula! Money is tight here but i will most likely go buy one for him today.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Quoting TrulyMicka:

lol no...bc your attached & human..you love your nephew! Just dont try anything crazy...like taking him from her or trying to keep her out of it! good for you stepping up & helping...just please dont get psycho!

No psycho here lol. I love my nephew which means i would never ever do something to hurt him, including keeping him from his mommy! I text her all day and send photos and videos too so she doesn't miss anything. I just feel bad because she does not have the same bond with him that i do.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Do you have that bond with your kids? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting owl0210:

Do you have that bond with your kids? 

Absolutely! My kids are my whole world, I have all girls so he is the first little boy in the house! my girls treat him like a brother.

TrulyMicka
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:51 AM

I know..but its like that sometimes...Im sure she loves him..they will bond! just keep being the best auntie ever!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TrulyMicka:

No psycho here lol. I love my nephew which means i would never ever do something to hurt him, including keeping him from his mommy! I text her all day and send photos and videos too so she doesn't miss anything. I just feel bad because she does not have the same bond with him that i do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)