Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this puppy sick?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
My friend got a 5 week old pit puppy. The puppy has diarrhea and worms in the poop. And her gums are very light. My friend is being cheap and only feeding her once a day but that's a whole other post lol.

Does the puppy sound sick?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marihla
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:51 AM

He has worms, he needs to go to the vet to get dewormed. Here it costs 12 dollars.

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

He needs to be dewormed and still be on the tit. It needs to eat a lot more often. It is going to die. Poor thing, I hope your friend doesn't have children that she can also starve/neglect to death.

MommyLove23
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:52 AM

The reason his gums are light is because the worms are sucking him dry..If he doesn't get treatment it can kill him..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:53 AM

The puppy shouldn't even be away from its mom yet!!!  They should not be taken from their moms until anywhere from 8 weeks to 12 weeks!  She needs to get it to the vet immediately worms in stool are not normal I am sure you know that.  It sounds like puppy has parvo :(  It will die!!!  I will open this can of worms but we have bred our boxer twice and that is in humane and not normal at all.  Also I do not understand who would sell a puppy at 5 weeks!!!  They clearly did not care!!!

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Worms are killing the puppy.

Can buy dewormer at pets mart if your friends is too cheap to take it to a vet.   Pale gums are a bad sign.  

tarakay0417
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:55 AM
He is sick and needs a vet. Also he is too young to be away from mom. He should still be nursing and eating a loy more. That poor pup will most likely die. If your friend doesn't get him help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Why does she have a puppy that young? Is she supplementing milk for it? Of course she needs to deworm it.

That poor baby
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Diarrhea is bad bad news. Could be parvo, given the age.

Worms are normal, but need to be treated.

5weeks is way to young to be away from mom.

Baby needs to be fed 3-5 times a day. Soft food mixed with some hard food, and still getting some formula. 

ETA-Pale gums mean it has low blood volume. She needs to take baby to the vet and if she cannot afford it, give the puppy up and not get another one until she learns proper care of them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:56 AM
I agree the puppy should still be with mom. And that it needs to go to the vet. Poor pup. My friend says she is making an appt but something tells me she won't.
jbirchard
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Yes, it needs medical attention asap
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN