Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Evil step mother here. ***update on page 40*******

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm beyond pissed and if this makes me an evil step mother, so be it. My husbands ex wife just called. She told us my husbands daughter got two speeding tickets this month. The first one she was gong 80 in a 55 zone and the second was yesterday, she was going 85 in a 45 zone. She is 19. The combined fines for both tickets is a total of 600 to keep her from losing her license. So, my husband told her mom we would pay it. I think this time I have a right to be pissed. Dh is going to take it out of the money we have saved for the kids christmas. So guess what that means ??? Yep, all the stuff we have on lay a way will get put back and we will be lucky to buy them a few things. That money was saved for a reason. My step daughters presents were coming out of it as well. But now it's all going to pay her fucking speeding tickets. I'm livid. I understand its his daughter and he doesn't want her to get in trouble , but she is 19 and knows better than to speed. I'm in tears. Am I wrong for feeling this way ??? I'm going to get the stuff out of lay a way. I'm sure my husband will be upset with me but oh well. I'll update again later.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Replies (31-40):
TattoodMommy19
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:12 AM
Fuck that. She's an adult. If she is going to have zero consideration for human life by endangering herself and anybody unlucky enough to be on the road with her, she NEEDS to lose her license. She's obviously not responsible enough to drive.

Buy her a bus pass for Xmas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wineisfine
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I would really sit down and tell him this is unacceptable, she is an adult and she needs to pay her own bills. That would not fly in my house, I love my husband and respect his opinion but that is unfair to every one else!

luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:13 AM

She should be paying her own tickets. My DD got in an accident and her BF's truck was totaled, both parties got tickets and not once did it enter my mind to pay for it.

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:13 AM

He needs to let her suffer the consequences for her actions otherwise he is liable to be paying for her funeral.

My grandmother kept buying my bio dad out of his speeding tickets and buying him new cars after each wreck...The third wreck killed him. He was 23. I call him my bio dad because his parents ended up adopting me after his death. I was a year old and I have no memories of him....

Also why should your other kids have a crappy christmas because a 19 yr old WOMAN chose to break the law. At her age I was married with a kid...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:13 AM
I didn't even think of that. You are right.

Quoting sissyboogs:

Maybe it differs by state, but I really don't think paying the fine is going to stop her from losing her license anyway. Each time you speed, it adds a certain number of points to your license depending on how much over the limit you were going, and once you reach a certain number of points, your licensed is suspended. Paying the fine is something you have to do regardless, it doesn't change the fact that points are added to your license. 

In PA, where I live, the first speeding ticket would have put her just under the number of points to have her license suspended and the second definitely would have put her over. The second alone would be enough to have her license suspended. And, like I said, she'd have to pay the fine and she'd still have her license suspended...

Could be different depending on the state, but I doubt it. 

Either way, I'd tell your husband and his ex-wife hell no. She's an adult and she can suffer the consequences of her own actions. 

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:13 AM
I agree she needs to pay the tickets herself Maybe that should be in place of her Christmas presents?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danie24
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Why isn't her mother paying half?

TXMOM1980
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I wouldn't do it make her mom or the daughter paid for it..If she was in Tx she would be in jail and have to pay a fine for 3 years to keep her DL.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Pull the cash out of the bank now, or wherever it is, and get your children their Christmas now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mackenzie40
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:14 AM
I would be pissed at my HUSBAND . He was wrong to promise the christmas money without talking to you. It's not about the step kid imo.
Cause let's face it , if you both had agreed on how to handle it - then it wouldn't be an issue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)