Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

same number of christmas gifts?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:25 AM
  • 68 Replies
so another post got me thinking.do you make sure your kids have the same number of gifts? i have never made her my kids get the same number i have always just got them what they asked for and liked.im not going to buy crap they dont need just to make the gifts even..its never been a problem they are 3 and 5 and i dont think they have ever even noticed.this yr my 5 yr old is only getting a few things because she only asked for 2 things and she is going on a shopping trip to the americn girl store with her daddy and my 2 younger boy will have alot more gifts then her. and it wont be a problem since she will get what she asked for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Babujai
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I usually try to make sure it's an even number of packages, even if I have to split up a gift into two different boxes or combine two gifts into one box.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:26 AM
I only have one child

But when my god daughter lived with us I tried to make it even but my son ended up with more

But hers where more costly
Barronbaby
by Brandi on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:28 AM
I try to keep things even mine are 19 month 3 and 6 and the 6 year old notices if her brothers get more. So I add to hers crayons, books clothes to even it out and she is happy with that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SommerRayne06
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:30 AM
I try to spend the same amount. So if what one asks for is expensive, they get less. They never noticed the different amounts of gifts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Melinda32
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a 15, 12 and 4 yr old. The younger one gets more based on the cost, the older ones get less simply because they want expensive things now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laineylarue
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:32 AM
I try to but they are now 7 & 10 & understand that some things they ask for are more expensive so they may get less because of that. So far no problems but I do feel bad if one has more to open lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I only have one child.

As a child my brother and i didn't get the same number of gifts.. It was never a problem for us..It's not like we counted the gifts(we were not that rude or selfish).. 

danie24
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:34 AM

We do.

The kids usually take turns opening gifts (or open them at the same time if it's the same thing).

I wouldn't want one kid to be all done opening their gifts and have the other still opening several more presents while we all watch. It's not a big deal to make sure it's fair. Especially if the children are small.

It's different with teenagers who want things like electronics and expensive clothing.

SevenKisses
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I have one so never thought about this or been concerned with it. My mom always made sure her 6 kids had just about the same amount though.

Tesserae
by Mrs.Mellark on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Always! It's the method my mom used and it's the method hubby & I use now. It's only fair.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)