Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

same number of christmas gifts?

so another post got me thinking.do you make sure your kids have the same number of gifts? i have never made her my kids get the same number i have always just got them what they asked for and liked.im not going to buy crap they dont need just to make the gifts even..its never been a problem they are 3 and 5 and i dont think they have ever even noticed.this yr my 5 yr old is only getting a few things because she only asked for 2 things and she is going on a shopping trip to the americn girl store with her daddy and my 2 younger boy will have alot more gifts then her. and it wont be a problem since she will get what she asked for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Replies (11-20):
Robbins3188
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I make sure they all have the same amount of gifts. i have a 5, 6, and 18 month old  and that is the way we had it when we were kids. i get them two things that they really want  and then get them each a few silly little gifts and clothes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Mine are also 3 and 5. This is the first year that I am trying to keep them even. It may not be exact but I want to keep it close. I plan to supplement with clothes if need be to even it up. In the past it didn't matter because the younger one didn't really pay attention and opened gifts much slower anyway but this year I think they would notice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:37 AM

They don't exactly count each other's gifts. I do try to make it somewhat even, or at least when they were younger I did, now that they are older and want such different things, it's hard to make it even. My son is more into entertainment gifts that aren't cheap, and my daughter still wants the whole toy store. I can usually spend less and get her more because the items she wants are less expensive then what my son has asked for. My son is old enough to understand price, so he gets that if we buy him a $300 laptop, he's going to get less gifts than his sister because of that. They are great kids though, they love everything about Christmas, not just the gifts and are always happy no matter what is under the tree.

RelaxedMom2-3
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:38 AM

I did when they were younger. Now that they are older and understand money a little better I try to make sure i spend about the same amount, no matter how many presents there is.

Doodlesrevenge
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:38 AM

No but it really does equal out. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:38 AM

This is what we do.  As they get older, I won't worry about it.

Quoting Babujai:

I usually try to make sure it's an even number of packages, even if I have to split up a gift into two different boxes or combine two gifts into one box.

luvmymunchkins3
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:08 PM
i guess i dont see the big deal it seems like the parents make a bigger deal out of it then the kids.i think parents should teach their kids its not about the number of gifts you get
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mitikusmom
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Mine always get the same number of things.  Sometimes I will wrap 2 presents together or something, but they always have the same.

NoahandEliza
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:13 PM
My kids are far enough apart that it doesn't matter. Right now, dd is a young toddler so she can't count gifts...or even realize what Christmas is. By the time she is old enough to know, ds will be old enough to understand that his gifts will be more expensive.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jesusismyfriend
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:20 PM
I actually do try but my oldest is 13. So it does get tricky. I already told him that he will be getting less since his costs so much more. But I found a bunch of steelers stuff so he will be getting the same this year.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured